• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Political Correctness

Pretty much... yup

haha... just kidding... back then Columbus discovered a land that none of the civilized areas knew about so Columbus discovered America to the people that would "update" it :)
The vikings of the Low Countries knew about America. They discovered Greenland and Canada (well, after the Amerindians anyway).

Anyway, a little-talked-about part of American history is how Columbus enslaved and slaughtered tons of Native Americans, to "update" the country.

At least Germany fesses up to its genocide...

The vikings of the Low Countries knew about America. They discovered Greenland and Canada (well, after the Amerindians anyway).
A lot of civilized people knew about it. For example, Aztecs, Mayans, Native Americans (CIVILIZED!!!).

A lot of civilized people knew about it. For example, Aztecs, Mayans, Native Americans (CIVILIZED!!!).
Hence why I mentioned the Amerindians, the proper name for Native Americans before Columbus came along and screwed things up for all the civilizations. Because of Columbus, the likes of Cortez came and destroyed those once proud civilizations.

Animaldude: Okay, sorry for using your post sly, but I really don't feel like wasting my 2000th post on this pathetic arguement... just realize this- Where would we be if Columbus didn't claim america? Do you think there would be this great country that we call the U.S? Do you think we would have half of the things that we have today? Do you think half of us would've even been born? We would all be living somewhere in europe and none of you would even know eachother... Why can't you give the guy the credit he deserves. Just think where we would be....

This is not the Global Warming Thread, this is about Political Correctness, hence the title. Stop arguing about it here. No one can argue about it anywhere in the forums because it was locked, and that is straight where this one will go if it doesn't get back on topic.

UMM yes, but "politics" and "political correctness" are completely different.

"political correctness" refers to language and etymology.

"politics" refers to government policy and related topics

Someone close this thread, please...

Any further badgering on the subject of global warming will result in infractions and bans. You have all already proven yourselves to be unable to discuss the subject and I will not have you all hijack a perfectly good thread to discuss it again. I will be handing out bans to anyone who continues the subject. Maybe one day we can have a discussion on the matter again, although I'm not going to take all the flaming I've been seeing over the last few weeks. If you guys can't keep your opinions in the light of intelligence they have no reason to be placed onto the internet. I've deleted a majority of the posts in this thread that deal with the subject.

...and people wonder why off-topic posting is against the rules...

I've left this thread open as I see no reason to close it because of the actions of a few members.

Back