• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

R.I.P Steve Irwin

Cèsar

Loftwing
Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has died in a freak marine accident while shooting a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef.

The 44-year-old is believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest while he was diving.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred.

Mr Irwin's body is being flown to a morgue in Cairns.

It's believed his American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and authorities are trying to reach her with news of her husband's death.

Melbourne-born Mr Irwin - known worldwide as the Crocodile Hunter - is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!".

The father of two's Crocodile Hunter program was first broadcast in 1992 and has been shown around the world on cable network Discovery.

Thanks to his TV programs, Irwin is perhaps the best-known Australian in the United States.

He has also starred in movies and developed the Australia Zoo wildlife park, north of Brisbane, which was started by his parents Bob and Lyn Irwin.

The Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) said a call was received about 11am (AEST) on Monday and an emergency services helicopter was flown to a boat on Batt Reef, off Port Douglas, with a doctor and emergency services paramedic on board.

Mr Irwin had a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

If you haven't heard already, Steve Irwin died today on the 4th of September on the Barrier Reef near Cairns. As a sign of respect for the great australian cultural icon, please place a turtle ( tu ) at the start of your MSN name, and forward this message to others on your list, as he worked around sea animals most of the time and he was working in the sea when he died so a turtle is a good sign.

OMG

thats sad

he was a daredevil, but he always seemed to be able to dodge anything. If anything would have killed him, i though for sure it would have been a rouge crocodile or something.

they always do
they are very dangerous in the wild if provoked. mostly peopole will step on them, and it will wip it up and stab their ankle or leg.

at aquariams, they are de-barbed. but some can still use their wings to shock you.

omg i was gonna make a post about this.... thats really sad

i feel bad for him but it was obvious something was gonna get him one day...

Yeah.....with his job, i think everyone who knew about him knew it was bound to end that way....maybe not with a sting ray, but still...

0_0 Tha's horrible, I thought they would cover it on the news or something. Stingrays r slightly posionous. The right ones r. Anyway, they sent an electric current throughout ur body (some of them) and stimulate the heart to beat 200+. If your body is not used to thing (like mine) The overexvursion can lead to a heart attack and kill u... Man that's sad.. No more Crocidile Hunter:(

yeah, what teddy said is true
and it was on cnn at one point,
but with steves case, the barb pierced his heart, which killed him instantly. hopefully, he felt no pain.
and since he probably had no time to react before it happened, he died happy; doing what he loves

Ah, the Crocodile Hunter was one of my favorite shows for a few years, it's really disheartening to see a man who taught understanding of the world's deadliest creatures die at the hands at one of them.

Ah, the Crocodile Hunter was one of my favorite shows for a few years, it's really disheartening to see a man who taught understanding of the world's deadliest creatures die at the hands at one of them.

Kind of ironic, dont you think? And is it ok that I pinned this?

I can't really speak for Bob, but me *the lonely member* thinks it was a good idea. I'm, going to miss em' and is "CRICKY" catch phrase :(.

Ummm...bout the diein instantly part.... not true... He lived long enough to drag himself onto the boat, slump back and pull the barb out... He was said to have said "ah, she stuck me good" then he died... well.. life goes on. May the Crocidile Hunters daughter follow in his footsteps valiantly.

No one had bothered to say anything about him being alive untill the people watched the tape and saw it. Too much exitement i guess? anyway, some people are saying that had he not pulled it out, he might have lived. *remember the stinger has barbs that face backwards...if you pulled it out, it rip and tear some more coming out* but imo, when something like that happens, ur not thinking about that...you want whatevers hurting you away.

Plus, when he pulled it out, there was a freakin hole in his heart... Also, poison got to his heart tu sweet so... I dont think he could have lived.

Lets not be talking about the specifics of how he died shall we...

However, I will say this. The barb pierced through his heart. Even if he didn't pull it out the flow of blood would have been halted completely and he would have experianced a very painful death.

</grossrud>

Back