• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Zerg006

Loftwing
Well it's me again. I previously did the review for Resident Evil 4 for the GC, and I felt compelled to do the review for the Wii version. Alright let's begin. Note: This review will be in the same format as the Resident Evil 4 (GC) version, just because it's technically the same game.

Sound/Voice Acting - 10/10: Once again, this game scores a perfect 10 from me. The voice acting is STILL top-notch, but now the sound has a little secret-The Wiimote. The game uses the speaker of the Wiimote to project sounds, such as gunfire and reloading. While it's not used a lot, it does feel satisfying to hear a gunshot come from the Wiimote.

Music - 8/10: Since it's pretty much a direct port almost of the GC version, the music hasn't changed, which is why it receives the same score that it did last time. If you would like to know what I think of the music, please read my review of the RE4 for the GC, since it's the same.

Graphics - 9/10: Now while the GC review scored a perfect 10, the reason that this gets a 9, is because it's GC graphics, on the Wii. It's a small thing, but I personally would have liked to see a little better graphics, or even effects, such as bloom. Still though, the graphics are amazing, and everything is very detailed.

Controls - 10/10: The controls for the Wii version is very easy to pick up. A new feature, is an aiming reticule, instead of the laser pointer. Now it's much easier to aim at an enemy, since you now know where you will shoot. Also, the reticule will turn red when over something that you can shoot, and the Wiimote will rumble slightly. Using your knife is also easy, as you can just flick the Wiimote when not aiming, and slash with your knife. It's very easy to pick up.

Gameplay - 100/10: Yep this game still receives this score. Please read my review for the GC version to read what I think of this amazing game. Some new things however, are the inclusion of the Seperate Ways (Which was from the PS2 version) and a new Las Plagas remover (Also from the PS2)

Overall - 10/10: This game is STILL amazing. I reccomend that you buy this version, because it is better than the GC version, with the extras that are now included. The game is STILL tough, and you will have a fun time going through it multiple times.

Yes. The one must have game for the Wii. I bought because I had heard such good stuff about the other versions, and I'm really happy with it. The first week I had it I put on 8 hours each day...

Nice review! I am really thinking about getting the Wii version, if anything for the bonus features not in the GC version.

Back