• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

September 26th Debate

Who do you think won?

• Obama

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • McCain

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Thing is, Democrats rule the Congress and the House. Therefore, should not the bill have passed? Some Republicans voted for it to pass, but still, it failed! Wanna know why? A fair number of Democrats must voted No. Still, Republicans are blamed, causing Obama's popularity to grow.

For the sake of providing the actual facts on this vote:

"In all, 65 Republicans joined 140 Democrats in voting "yes," while 133 Republicans and 95 Democrats voted "no." "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080929/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown

The funny thing is that Bush wanted this to pass, and the number of Republicans that voted against it demonstrates how pathetic a lame duck he has become.

On this issue however, I agree with the outcome. While I think some action needs to be taken, in my opinion the bill that was brought up should have been voted down. It was written too hastily, and contained far too many loopholes, and not enough oversight. The Bush administration, among others, have been whipping people into a frenzied panic over the issue, trying to convince people that immediate, drastic, action needs to be taken or everything everywhere will collapse, hoping being that Congress would be forced to sign the first bill on the subject they were given. There has already been enough of that behavior in the past eight years. This time, let's solve the problem by thinking about it in a calm and rational matter, and creating a bill that has had the appropriate time, energy, and most importantly, thought, put into it.

Any reason Obama is growing in the polls is strictly due to the fact the bill in Congress was shot down. Everyone blames everyone else, but no one steps up to take responsibility. Thing is, Democrats rule the Congress and the House. Therefore, should not the bill have passed? Some Republicans voted for it to pass, but still, it failed! Wanna know why? A fair number of Democrats must voted No. Still, Republicans are blamed, causing Obama's popularity to grow.
The bill was just shot down yesterday. I don't think any polls have been done yet after that.

Here are many different views of how the bill was killed (all posted on drudge).

EYE OF THE STORM: House Republicans Blame Pelosi's Speech...

VIDEO: PELOSI...

Dem Congressman: 'We put thieves in jail, we don't bail them out'...

REP. FRANK SAYS REPUBLICANS KILLED BILL...

Pence: 'American people rejected this bailout and now Congress did likewise'...

Back