• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Site Issue Sign in?!?!

Link and Navi

Loftwing
Ok, I dont know if it is because I am in Iceland, but whenever I go to a new page, or click on a link(that is within the site), it says I am logged off, and Need to sign in. Why?!?!? Help would be appreciated.

It's a bug in the connection software between our CMS and the forum. The company that makes the bridge no longer does...so we're kinda left at a loss until I find someone that knows the intricate workings of the bridge, or when we upgrade the entire site to our new site version in the next month or two (more on that later).

As for a temporary work around, you can do the following:

1. Login as per normal at the forum, making sure the remember me box is checked.
  2. That will get rid of each new page login, but when you're not active for about 20 min it will say you are logged out
  3. To fix this, just go to another page on the forum, don't log in.
  4. ZS (which is smarter than the bridge) will read that you still have the cookie on your computer at this point, and auto-log you back in (assuming you checked remember me in step 1).
Believe me, it's annoying. Al the more encouragement to upgrade, but we can't build Roma in a day and the new ZS is still in heavy development.

Does that help?

Nah, Link and Navi, it happens to me, too. Although not that often, it is happening more and more often now. So it's not just the computer you're using.

The bug is actually fixed in the new membership software version, but again...that's not really going to come about until development is complete :(.

I've noticed this too. It's really annoying. And you should also consider fixing the thing that lies to me about the number of people in the chat room.

Both are fixed in the new site version ;).

I guess what I could do is downgrade from the patch version we're on (that's when it started) if it's really annoying you guys. The problem is that would leave us open to an attack via a specific former exploit in the VB software.

Right now, I'm almost done with the coloring and essential images. It needs a bit more tweaking, but very soon I'm going to open it up for staff to take a look at. Once they approve, I'm going to make all the forum images (not as many to make, because most of the buttons are color based now) as well as some more structural changes. Once that's complete, SITs and above will be given access to the development area to look it over and see what they think (yes, that includes you Ides :) ). At this point, I'll implement changes, finish training the staff, and prepare for transfer day.

All in all, I see the whole thing happening in about a month's time. So, I'd say a target of about March 21-27. Can't make anything 100% certain, especially since the transfer needs to hapen when all staff members are around to move content.

All in all, you're just another brick in the wall.

And yay, I feel special!!!

Bob, while you're at it, fix the error in the chat. When I try to create a room that is more than one word, it won't let me. Stupid java.

Back