• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

So PETA wants to rename fish....

Zerg006

Loftwing
to "sea-kittens". I am dead serious. Here is the link http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=1173188

And here is a reason for the change:

"A lot of people don't realize that fish are capable of feeling fear and pain, that they develop relationships with each other, and even show affection by gently rubbing against one another," says Ashley Byrne, PETA's sea kitten campaign co-ordinator. "Knowing that the fish sticks in the school cafeteria are really made out of tortured sea kittens makes most kids want to lose their lunch."

Read again:

"Knowing that the fish sticks in the school cafeteria are really made out of tortured sea kittens makes most kids want to lose their lunch."

What the hell is wrong with them? They WANT kids to starve? That's horrible!

Discuss!

Where I come from, PETA stands for "Pony Eats Tasty Activists," or "People Eating Tasty Animals." Either way, screw PETA.

Well seafood is one of my favorite types of food but if you ask me, sea kittens sound much more appetizing than just plain old "fish". I think Chinese food might be benefiting from this quite a bit.

kittens are cute and cuddly. fish are not so cute and scaly and you can't hold or pet them. at least this is only a name change. believe me, there are much weirder things that PETA does!

(facepalm)

What next, renaming cows "fat-kittens."

Oh, and something I'd like to point out.

Sharks are a type of fist. I have a lot of doubts that sharks are anything like kittens.

I don't like fish anyway so this doesn't bother me. Except that I still don't see how fish are anything like kittens. People like to pet kittens. If you try to pet a fish, it will die. THEN WHAT, PETA, THEN WHAT?

Sad thing is, these are the same people who are abortion advocates. Because animals are more important than babies. Fantastic!

the game was kind of funny, and very typical of the nutters that run PETA

I guess they don't like people. I mean, they obviously care less about people's discomfort than animal's discomfort. That was their reason for writing a letter of complaint to Ben & Jerry's, claiming that they should stop using cow's milk because milking the cows hurts them. The alternative they suggested was kind of gross and it certainly proves that the extremists in the group are out of their minds.

Though I am finding it rather enjoyable to humor them. Any time now that I would say 'fish' I am instead saying 'sea kitten.' People's reactions to this are sooo good.

I discussed this with other people. The general consensus was either:

Still fish, I'd eat em.

Sea Kittens sound even more appetizing, sign me up

Back