• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Social Class

Is social status important? Think about it. Without it there would be no role models, no leaders. Yet it still makes life a living hell for many people. Myself included at one point. Should there be boundaries in the social system, or not? This also plays into racism. This also leads to wars. Yet what would we be like without those with so much social influence in our lives that they bend the society we live in?

No matter what your opinion, this is one of those things that can't be helped. Like "the sun should be green".

=/

Is social status important? Think about it. Without it there would be no role models, no leaders. Yet it still makes life a living hell for many people. Myself included at one point. Should there be boundaries in the social system, or not? This also plays into racism. This also leads to wars. Yet what would we be like without those with so much social influence in our lives that they bend the society we live in?
Social boundaries are what you make of them. There is no set law stating social boundaries. If you want to hang around someone, as long as you feel you belong, do it.

As for role models and leaders? Why can't there be role models of the same class? You hear about normal people all the time going out and helping others. The only difference between them and you is what they are doing to change society itself.

Of course, there is an issue with money. Being that our capitalistic society runs on money, if you want to run for an office, you must have money. However, in everyday life, social status should make no difference (for me, at least).

This is where Communism becomes a better thing :p With everyone on equal paying terms and social stature, the need for the visible lines of division fade...
Doctors and farmers are paid the same amount, and we're all one big happy family :).

This is where Communism becomes a better thing :p With everyone on equal paying terms and social stature, the need for the visible lines of division fade...
Doctors and farmers are paid the same amount, and we're all one big happy family :).

Too bad in even a communist government there must be a leader. Just like the father in a family who happens to pay for everything. Including dept. He must also punish those he thinks must be punished. These punishments make the ground uneven and lead to SOCIAL STATUS! Wow! What do you know!

In a truly communistic community, there is no leader... Communism is actually organized Anarchy :p According to very good sources.. yoyolll :p

Of course, there is an issue with money. Being that our capitalistic society runs on money, if you want to run for an office, you must have money.
Technically, you're wrong :)

If people support your ideas, then you'll have money donated to you to run.

WHY MUST I BE RELATED TO A COMMUNIST??!?!?!
*shoots self*

If you grow up to be a successful businessman who has to work his *** off everyday, and I grow up to be a garbage man who does nothing yet makes just as much as you, how could you not hate that?

As for social status, the constitution was written so that all Americans can have a chance to be successful in life no matter what class you are in. If you're born into a poor family, and decide to work hard in school, etc. then you can enjoy life and live a successful life. If you're born into a poor family and do drugs and slack off in school, you'll grow up to be some loser who can't find a job or support his family if he even has one. That's whats great about capitalism! It puts people in their place.

Too bad in even a communist government there must be a leader. Just like the father in a family who happens to pay for everything. Including dept. He must also punish those he thinks must be punished. These punishments make the ground uneven and lead to SOCIAL STATUS! Wow! What do you know!
There's no government or leader in communism. At all. Rules are set by the people setting up the system and they let it loose. There's no one person or group who punishes another. Criminals are punished by everyone else.

I recommend that any specific discussions of communism v. capitalism be moved to the appropriate thread. Otherwise, this thread is fine.

Back to the topic...

I recently had the opportunity to visit the UK, and despite the alleged elimination of definitive social classes...the system is still very prominent in UK culture. I was forced to sit on a bus for one hour listening to a tour guide drone on about privately funded education and how apparently all students attending public school "never make it anywhere in life". She went into great length to talk about her own private education and all the money and wealth her family has. I was able to gather from all this that the UK still makes use of a form of de facto social class system whereas no laws define yet the reality is as is.

Compare that to here in the US where our attendance numbers are the same! We don't use even the inclination of social class as a definition of achievement ability and hence produce a larger number of college graduates. Take that in your pipe and smoke it, hehe :).

Back