• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Spirit Tracks

Linkman

Loftwing
Anyone pick up Spirit Tracks yet? My mom is bringing me to Gamestop a little later tonight to pick up my reservation (I reserved a bit late so I had to wait until today to claim it). From what I've sen so far it looks really cool, but of course that comes from me having not actually played the game yet.

So, anyone grab ST yet?

Actually, it's a really good game (which I was rather surprised at). It's the first Zelda game I've played in some time that has actually felt like a Zelda game.

I'm still unsure. I might ask for it for Christmas, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Phantom Hourglass (and for you jokers, I did not actually put it in my mouth, its a figure of speech).

Well I sure hope not, that's very unsanitary. So how is the whole railroad thing incorporated into the game, linkman?

I'm playing it now...
the only hang ups i have are that zelda is a damsel in distress...again. one day its Link that'll need his dumb *** saved.

Regaurdless of what you say, The game sucks for these reasons:
1. Like Wind Waker(which was an awesome storyline/game) its STILL in toony kid land
2. Like PH, it is FOR THE DS! and I am not going to spend what little kr I have to try and hack for a Ds, I've got a sp, and thats all I am going to purchase.
3. The games are too un-serious, and I really hate the toon aspect of it, they need one for Wii.

Actually, both Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker had rather serious plots, Spirit Tracks the more serious of the two.

Seeing as you openly admit you haven't played the game, that substantially weakens your argument as to whether or not the game is any good; just saying ;). Most review sites are placing the overall game ranking between 8.5-9.5 / 10. Because of the way our ratings system is structured, ST scored a 96% because of some faulty pan flute playing on DS Lite systems.

All the same, its really unfair and below the belt way of making a game, when most has been untoony, and NONE for Wii, TP was also released on gamecube

Yea, I've been playing the game for a bit now, and it's a lot of fun. Link and Navi, you really shouldn't say a game stinks just because you don't like how it looks and without ever actually playing it.

Admittedly, the beginning through the first temple is really easy, but once you get to the Snow Temple the difficulty goes up a lot. That, and it's just fun to play.

I really don't want this thread to turn into an ST sucks thread from people who haven't even bothered to play through the game. Stop being hypocrites and grow up.

PS: They're making a Zelda Wii.

I just really hate the stupid cartoon graphics. They need to stop making stupid family friendly bullshit on a system that appeals most to 12 year olds. Sure I would enjoy some blood and gore effects, but that's very unlikely to happen, so all I ask is something that looks a bit more like Twilight Princess.

I enjoy being immersed in awesome atmospheric lands. Even though the graphics weren't top notch (although they were great) in Twilight Princess, I felt like I was actually riding my trusty steed through the fields of Hyrule because of how immersive the environments were. Cartoon effects can't achieve that.

I just really hate the stupid cartoon graphics. They need to stop making stupid family friendly bullshit on a system that appeals most to 12 year olds. Sure I would enjoy some blood and gore effects, but that's very unlikely to happen, so all I ask is something that looks a bit more like Twilight Princess.

I enjoy being immersed in awesome atmospheric lands. Even though the graphics weren't top notch (although they were great) in Twilight Princess, I felt like I was actually riding my trusty steed through the fields of Hyrule because of how immersive the environments were. Cartoon effects can't achieve that.

As far as graphics, the only console game with cel shading was tWW. The ones on hand held systems; well, the toon graphics kinda fit them, don't you think?

Oracle of Ages type stuff was OK but the DS ones are an atrocity. Not to mention the utter lack of console Zeldas.

Oracle of Ages type stuff was OK but the DS ones are an atrocity. Not to mention the utter lack of console Zeldas.

What I'm saying is that the cartoon graphics fit the handheld zeldas because handheld systems from nintendo don't have great graphics.
the lack of console games is depressing, i agree.

Back