• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Super Mario Galaxy

webmasterbob

The Webmaster
Anyone getting Galaxy this upcoming Monday/Tuesday? About 13 or so reviews have come out thus far and it clocks in with a 97.3% rating! It has the potential to take the spot of second greatest game of all time, right under OOT, if this trend continues! I'm actually really excited, especially since the game features a full orchestral soundtrack! Heck even GameSpot, the most Nintendo biased site on the web, gave Galaxy a 9.5, their 2nd highest rating. Anyone else excited? :)

I'm very excited... I'm really surprised it was given a 9.5 by gamespot. I'll be picking this up on Tuesday along with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 but I'll definitly try this one first.

I'd put MOH on your Christmass list. By what's coming in on both games, though COD is very good, Galaxy is really showing some class in the scores. Thus far I would say it's safe to say the standard deviation is probably less than one as far as scores go for Galaxy :).

I have it on reserve, can't pick it up until Tuesday though. I'm really excited, I've been waiting for a game like Galaxy to come along since Mario 64 was released (and I was really young then too).

Well, reviews will still be puring in over the next few weeks, although I have some rather shocking *or not so shocking* news about Galaxy.

According to Game Rankings, Super Mario Galaxy has officially overtaken The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time as the greatest game of all time with an average review score of 97.9%! :eek::eek:

That's really some scary stuff. I must admit, Galaxy really is one hell of a game. Just the right level of challenge for people that want to just finish the game, a hellish stockpile of challenges for the hard core, an orchestral score both Versac and myself have agreed on as "orgasmic", some pretty dam amazing stuff!

If you listen to the voice acting for some of the characters in Sunshine, you will understand :). Galaxy does have voice over in some cutscenes, but overall it is rather limited. Thing is, it's Mario, do you want to hear Bowser speak in the same stupid voice he did in Sunshine :D?

Did anyone beat it yet with 60 stars? I have 52 and just unlocked the last observatory...

1,800 posts. oh my god.

I beat it last night with 60 stars. The Center of the Universe is probably one of the greatest Mario levels EVER with a soundtrack that nearly made me faint! Fighting Bowser is actually a bit difficult until you get the hang of it, practice makes him easy which is somewhat of a downer...but lets just say Galaxy ends with a bang :D.

I'm trying to get all 120, which has already proven itself to be very difficult. Most of the 100 purple coin challenges are timed, and this time includes retrieving the star after you collect all 100 coins. I've completed 5 purple comet challenges thus far and I can attest that two of them I had about 5 seconds left on the clock after I got the star :eek:. Other stuff though like levels I have yet to even visit are proving to be loads of fun, especially the toybox level destroying the giant Bowser robot, hehe.

I just beat it this morning... I was hoping for a better ending as far as the story line goes. Other then that I beat the final bowser on my first try... I think it was a little too easy. From here on out I just got MoH Heroes so I don't think I'll spend the time getting all 120 stars but I will try out the galaxies I haven't done yet which should be fun. This is by far my favorite Wii game so far...

I'm up to the mid-thirties for stars, and I must admit that it is awesome.

I was quite hesitant to get and play it, mainly because I heard that it was effectively an improved and reimagined version of Super Mario 64. I think I'm pretty alone on this, but I never really liked any of the Mario games (save Paper I & II). I really didn't. Galaxy changed that, mainly because I love the new physics engine. The weird gravity on the various planets, combined with the ease of pulling off the more obscure moves from 64 make even walking around amazing. Plus, whenever I start to get bored with a succession of similar galaxies, there's always the bonus and challenge galaxies to mix things up a bit. Definitely a solid game.

It's funny, the game page stills says it's at possition one :D. Of course, Galaxy is an amazing game, so in either case we can all be happy that three awesome Nintendo games hold the spots of the top three best reviewed games of all time.

Yeah I should. I'll add that to my list of labs, essays, and other stuff to write up tonight. but first... MEDAL OF HONOR ONLINE MODE

:D

Back