• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Super Paper Mario

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I just got Super Paper Mario today and let me say it is a great game. It combines the RPG element of the past Paper Marios with classic side scrolling/platforming perfectly. It also has invative controls and interesting abilities such as "dimension flipping" which is the 2D to 3D thing that Nintendo has been talking about so much. This game is a definate must have for the Wii.

How much of the original RPG element has been preserved? I enjoyed PM:TYD's style, but truthfully never really enjoyed the Super Mario series. I was a bit concerned when I heard that it was more of a platformer than the previous Paper Marios.

You still level up and you have "Pixls" that give you different abilities. You still have heath and you still use items. It requires more thought than a normal platformer. The one dissapointing thing is the fact that they got rid of the Badge System, which was one of my favorite things from Paper Mario.

I'm planning on picking up the game soon, of course I need to save up a bit more before I can actually do that.

I ended up selling some games *cough*Sonic and the Secret Rings*cough*. That wasn't the only one I sold, though. But it was one of the main reasons I decided to sell some games.

But, yea, this game is great. And don't let your siblings play it. They'll get addicted (thus the reason I am not currently playing).

I'm thinking of getting this (yes I finally got a Wii, on 4/5/07) but I'm gonna wait a little and read some reviews from magazines and websites (EGM, Nintendo, etc) but it still looks like an awesome game. And the 8-bit invincible Mario is fantastic!

i personally think the game is a big waste of money and a flop like the first paper mario and the second!!!!!!!!!

And the 8-bit invincible Mario is fantastic!

Yea, that part's awesome. You also get an item called "Pal Pills" that gives you about six little 8-Bit Marios that follow you around and mimic you. They die pretty easily, though.

Yeah so i got this for my bro on his birthday and he's been letting me play with it a bit and its really fun... im currently hooked on 3 games:
mlb 07 the show
super paper mario
pokemon pearl

I ended up selling some games *cough*Sonic and the Secret Rings*cough*. That wasn't the only one I sold, though. But it was one of the main reasons I decided to sell some games.

But, yea, this game is great. And don't let your siblings play it. They'll get addicted (thus the reason I am not currently playing).
how much did you get for it?

I'm thinking of getting this (yes I finally got a Wii, on 4/5/07) but I'm gonna wait a little and read some reviews from magazines and websites (EGM, Nintendo, etc) but it still looks like an awesome game. And the 8-bit invincible Mario is fantastic!
i got mine on 11/20/06 ^_^

He hasn't played in a while but my brother said that last he played he was at six hearts or whatever.

Now that summers coming I'll probably catch up to where he is. (I think I have one or 2) :)

Back