• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Super Smash Bros. Melee

Slyguy46

Subtle as a Ninja Pirate!
The review that you have been asking for. Here you go.

Sound: 10 - Great music, along with special music under certain conditions (i.e. pressing L and R as you go into the hyrulian temple to hear the Fire Emblem music, Together We Ride.)

Voice Acting: 9 - The VA of the game is ok, but it is only used in the characters battle cries.

Graphics: 9.5 - The graphics were great, but could use a tune up.

Gameplay: 10 - Its MELEE for gods sake. Nuff Said.

Story: 9.5 - Like the previous Smash Bros game, it is a melee between two to four characters at a time. New modes like the scenario mode really help the story.

Overall: 10 - A perfect example of how a party game can be a fighting game, and the best multiplayer experience found on the Gamecube. If you don't have this game, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I agree with slyguy on the graphics. When I first saw it, I said to myself: "Wow! I can see the grain on Mario's suspenders!", but comparing it to Brawl screenshots, it looks only decent. It was excellent for its time, but now is slightly subpar.

Yet I p00n you with Link when it's me v.s. you :D May I have your permission, mods and Slyguy to write a more........in depth review of SSBM? Like I did with my old TC: UtK review?

Back