• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Big N dropping the ball?

Is Nintendo letting us down?

• Total voters

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So what do you uys think about Nintendo's recent moves? Do you think they're letting hardcore gamers down in favor of having an older/family based audience? I mean you have to face the facts:
  • "Hard core" games on the Wii are limited to Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and Brawl with some third party things thrown in there such as RE4
  • The weak online play with only a few Wii titles on there and "Friend Codes" required to play DS games online with friends (I understand with things like Animal Crossing an trading with Pokemon, but for Mario Kart? Come on, what about a random pick up game?)
  • Back to hard core games: The advertizing for MP3 is weak! I mean, the official MP site doesn't even have info about it, let alone says it exists.
  • Thier absence at Comic con and the other recent gaming convention (forgot name, but it's not E3) upset a lot of hard core gamers
What do you guys believe? Do you think Nintendo is trying to drop the hard core market? Or are they just concentrated on getting their name out there and will focus on the hard core gamers later?

I do random pickup games with Mario Kart all the time @_@... It just throws together 4 random people who are on wifi together for some races. :)

I can't say much about MP3, but i am hopeful that they will pick up the pace with advertising once it releases at the end of the month.

Up until now, Yes. It' just that LoZ and Resident Evil isn't enough. The friend codes are kind of annoying but I usually don't use them...

I voted no though because I think the "Hardcore Games" are going to be everywhere at the end of this year (MP, SSBB, Galaxy, NiGHTS, PH, ect).

I see this all as temporary, so I voted no. In my eyes, Nintendo is trying to place all their efforts at changing the name of Nintendo, to most people, from "That game company" to "WOW, Nintendo, they make fun stuff!" Converting a large number of people, especially the elderly, takes a great deal of resources.

So, I'm predicting a more hardcore approach within the next year or two. That and, as stated, we have a slew of "hardcore" games coming our way before the end of the year.

As of right now, I do believe that they are alienating the more seasoned gaming veterans. I do hope this will be temporary, but until I see a decent FPS for Wii backed by Nintendo, I'm going to have to vote yes.

Back