• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The death of Bees

goboman11

Loftwing
So it has been discovered that honeybees are dying out. A farmer somewhere in Maine actually said that 80% of his hives died this year. What do you think? Should we be concerned?

y wud i b conserned? b's are nasty they sting u n stuffz n also y wud u care bout honey? it only makes u FAT

tho i guess all da lil kiddies wudnt lern bout the birds n the b's, so that is relly sad, its soooo important to learn. i meen i lerned bout it a loooooooong time ago, it was so harrrrrrrrrd to understand, but b's and birds helped they are so kute!

and also the econnomy will relly suck if those farmers cant sell anyting...and i love lerning bout the econnomy capitlism it soooo gooodd!!!!

Bees are responsible for pollination, so if plants and crops are not pollinated by bees, we lose them, and our food supply in turn from farmers crops, and the food chains will destroy all other animals, for our food and otherwise, in a steady chain reaction, so this is very alarming indeed.

I heard about this too. Bees are very important for all the reasons Ultima explained.

Oh, BTW, I heard the sudden drop in Bee Population is cause of Global Warming.

The honeybee population is not dying due to global warming. I was actually speaking to an individual whom administers the parks and recreation department of my county discussing this very subject. He says that what they have found point more towards diseases caused by mites *most notably the varroa* and some pesticides used on crops. The Honeybee population has been declining since the mid 60s, it's simply this year farmers are starting to notice an impact.

Lack of pollination does not affect all foods. As an example, all vegetables do not require pollination. In addition, due to the shortage, farm production companies are producing a mechanism to simulate pollination. There are already such devices on the market, although they are currently far too expensive for any small town farmer to afford.

Still, you can't accurately predict the impact of bee extinction. I think it's about time the world came to an end. I was starting to get sick of it.

y wud i b conserned? b's are nasty they sting u n stuffz n also y wud u care bout honey? it only makes u FAT

hmm read this

Honey is a mixture of sugars and other compounds. With respect to carbohydrates, honey is mainly fructose (about 38.5%) and glucose (about 31.0%)[1]. The remaining carbohydrates include maltose, sucrose, and other complex carbohydrates[1].
In addition, honey contains several vitamins, such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid[13]. Essential minerals including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc as well as several different amino acids have been identified in honey[13].
Honey also contains several compounds which function as antioxidants. Known antioxidant compounds in honey are chrysin, pinobanksin, vitamin C, catalase, and pinocembrin[14][15]. Unlike most other sweeteners, honey contains small amounts of a wide array of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants[13].

i got that from wikipedia, so i dont know how accurate it is

and i dont think that bees will be going extinct anytime soon

Back