• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Extremely Controversial the impending war with Russia

Lt_Justin

The Grand Admiral
the way things look now it seems that the cold war is restarted thanks to goergia no not the southern one the war would already be won then but any way if we get dragged in it will be against russia they are cutting them selfs from N.A.T.O should we stand our ground and place anti missile deffence systems in poland or back down

MY FELLOW AMERICANS THIS IS MORE PRESSING THEN THE IRAG CONFLICT WE NEED TO EITHER STAND NOW OR BE CRUSHED BE THE NEW U.S.S.R I ASK THAT YOU SEROIOUS CONSIDER WHAT I HAVE SAID AND REALIZE THAT NEGITIONS ARE FAILING

Also, if they do become Communist again, what do you think will happen?

There's no real evidence to suggest that it's even a possibility at this point. While Russia is ostensibly a democracy, at the moment the government is widely autocratic with Putin wielding power from behind the scenes. However, for Russia to begin an official transition back to a Communist system (by this I mean a fascist government calling itself a Communist state, like we saw in the past) the transition would have to serve Putin's needs and have a wide public backing. Currently neither of these conditions are true, Putin can govern effectively from behind the scenes and does not need such a transition to gain power and control (also, say what you will about Putin, but he is an intelligent man, he knows that such a system is not economically viable in the long run), and there is no sufficently large movement among the Russian people.

In the end however, while tensions have certainly increased greatly, there seems little reason to believe that a full on Cold War will begin once more unless the U.S. adopts policies and stances to delibrately provoke one.

What I personally notice when I hear the cries of "the impending war with Russia" is a feeling of nostalgia that seems to accompany the speaker when they discuss it. Among many of the advocates of taking a violent and militaristic stance towards Russia I suspect a certain amount of longing to return to the days of the Cold War, and the simple black and white morality of the day, as opposed to the more complicated conflicts of today. Dispite the blatant hypocricy of the U.S. suddenly demanding we respect other nation's sovereignty, the current dire condition of our military and economy after the policies of the past eight years, which leaves us in a poor position to enter a conflict with Russia, and the mutually assured destruction such a conflict would bring, I believe that many of the advocates of war would love a second Cold War to reinforce the black and white ideology they live by. After having to defend themselves for eight years on the disastrous war in Iraq, Guantanamo Bay and other secret prisons, and the torture that has gone on in them, warantless wiretapping and other blatant disregards of American rights, and the un-concealable corruption and incompetence of the current administration, I suppose many conservatives would enjoy returning to an age of black and white morality, where they would always be good and right, and their enemies always evil and wrong. In short, they would enjoy returning to a world where they would no longer have to think about complicated and grey issues, and where their ideologies would remain safe and unchallenged.

the way things look now it seems that the cold war is restarted thanks to goergia no not the southern one the war would already be won then but any way if we get dragged in it will be against russia they are cutting them selfs from N.A.T.O should we stand our ground and place anti missile deffence systems in poland or back down

MY FELLOW AMERICANS THIS IS MORE PRESSING THEN THE IRAG CONFLICT WE NEED TO EITHER STAND NOW OR BE CRUSHED BE THE NEW U.S.S.R I ASK THAT YOU SEROIOUS CONSIDER WHAT I HAVE SAID AND REALIZE THAT NEGITIONS ARE FAILING

The negitions are failing?

I hate it when that happens...

Militaryily we have yet to lose a single war we won all the battles in veitman it was political resoans behind the withdrawl and in iriag it again politics interferreing that is making it take so long the military should be allowed to do its job

also i don't want to fight Russia I am merly saying that it looks like instant replay except replace turkey with poland and recent reports indictate a Russian intrest in cuba again we need to reorginize and think here

Militaryily we have yet to lose a single war we won all the battles in veitman it was political resoans behind the withdrawl and in iriag it again politics interferreing that is making it take so long the military should be allowed to do its job

also i don't want to fight Russia I am merly saying that it looks like instant replay except replace turkey with poland and recent reports indictate a Russian intrest in cuba again we need to reorginize and think here
I have a big issue (not necessarily going against you though) with what you said about Vietnam:

Vietnam was a conspiracy.

The war was simply entered to give an economic boom to the United States. The US government at the time knew they had no business there but sent soldiers off to war in order to prevent a predicted stock market crash (one you won't hear too much about).

There is no reason the states should've entered that war. The government knows damn well to not mess with other countries problems, they only do it for certain strategic reasons involving the economy and a view in the eyes of the world as the great force that will stand in the way of any injustice in the world (which is obviously to hide the fact that the war was all for money).

To get back to Russia, yes, Putin is becoming quite an autocratic ruler. I don't think they will go back to "communism" in the near future but there are many in the country who do support it.

Cuba is doing much better after Castro's stepping down. Russia doesn't seem to be much of a threat there.

While Poland would be a good ally against Russia, we need to realize still that there is no war. Now is not the time to be making such rash moves. Placing any sort of weapon of war in Poland will cause us to plummet into another World War.

Back