• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The New Twilight by Nick Fennema

The New Twilight (please leave comments because i already have alot more done than this and if you leave comments i will add more. please email me if you want to get it by email. i answer all my email and reply to all of them)
Okay here it is, I will over time keep adding more and more to it so keep on checking up on it

THE NEW TWILIGHT

CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION

A soldier woke up at 3:00 AM, an hour after he fell asleep. He was having a dream Hyrule being set on fire. He woke up in a panic. Then after reassuring himself that there would be bells ringing or some sign if that were true he fell asleep once again dreaming of the day when he actually became a guard. He remembered the draft for soldiers and guards after the day Zant came. But that was years past. It didn't matter now. He sighed once again reassuring himself that all was right with the world and he would not be needed to fight the Twili or whatever those things were called. That’s when the arrow came through the window of the jailhouse. The arrow had a message written precise yet at the same time it seemed to be written in a hurry. He climbed over the shards and looked out the window. And of course no one was there. He sighed deeply. Oh and if only he could reassure himself this time. Now it did matter to him. He rolled the scroll back up and ran up the six flights of stairs, panting after every flight.
Meanwhile... Link was out assisting the soldiers in defeating the last of the goblins. Boy he hated these creatures. But he knew he had to finish off these monsters so that he could get on with life. Then he said to himself, " No, this is for the public good". When his so-called quest started it was just a simple matter of getting back Epona so he wouldn't be late for delivering the royal gift. Then hell followed after. He opened up his clenched hand and looked at the dark magic fragment that prorogued hell. If the goddesses really called him and he could go back in time, like the hero of time supposedly did way back when then, he would say no. If he had a choice. Even so he was foolish back at the ranch. Foolish and carefree. The good old days. If only he knew the hellishly hellish quest that came afterwards.
But like always he never had a choice. Nope. Either let the children and Ilia die or sit back and relax. Either help Midna or become a slave of twilight, a beast, rotting in jail, for all eternity. Sigh.
And the little that he did receive during his long quest was ripped away abruptly from him. All his rupees... gone. All used in his fight against Gannon. What kind of armor uses rupees as fuel, or uses any fuel at all. It was like a money shredder... All his items that made his life easier were sent off to be duplicated by some scientists. Or sold to get money for charity. He did not have any choice there either. What was he supposed to say when the beggar near the entrance of Hyrule Castle Town asked him for money to pray for peace. Heck, he looked so old he went with it. Little did he know that he said prey for peece. The currency of the twilight.
And the only person he previously had to blame was Gannon. And Zant. But they were dead now so he had no one to blame.
A soldier rudely awakened Link from his thoughts, "Sir, we are ready to begin the siege of Gerudu Desert". And that was the start of the new quest.

CHAPTER 2: A NEW THREAT
The fight was long and tiring. Of course it was he who did most (if not all) the fighting. The raid came and went in a time of six hours. The soldiers just stood in groups of twenty soldiers each taking out each goblin one at a time. Ametures. The fight was not entirely over yet. This was just day one. He stopped himself in the middle of a sigh. "Self pity will do you no good", he said to himself. "Nothing is better than fighting for six hours and coming back to a tent filled with sand, and feeling claustrophobic for the rest of the night". When was the last time he had a decent night's sleep? He could hardly remember what it was like before all of this. And all of a sudden a wave of sadness hit him. Mother. He closed his eyes and let the feelings of sadness over take him. He let the past seep into his mind.

Midna had troubles of her own. She had no past to look into. She had to worry about the future of her role in the Twili's monarchy. First she had to open a permanent portal to the world of light. Then she had to return peace to the Twilight for long enough to restore order. "Zant you bastard", She yelled upon her balcony while looking at the nighttime skies of the Twilight. Then there was the fact that he is her father. "Was", she corrected herself.
And Zelda was no helpful either. Zelda was caught up in her own thing. She had offered to assign ambassadors, but no. Zelda thought that it would be a great shock to the people if Twili came to live in Hyrule.
Okay. Woe is me. Get on with my life. Forget about her. You don't need her. These were of the many thoughts that Midna's conscience was telling her. But the rest of her wanted to rip out her hair and do it in for Zelda. Well that’s one good trait that her good old late dad and her shared. "I don't need her, I don't need her, and I don't need he-". Midna was suddenly interrupted by someone behind her who said. "You don't need who? Surely not me?” said the deep raspy voice. Midna looked around and screamed.

Link woke up in a jolt with a red-hot pain in his side. He looked down in one of his many pockets on his waist. Uh oh. The Black Crystal had shattered.

Back