• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The "Olympic Spirit"

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1834117,00.html

This man needs to be shot.

That is the stupidest, most ridiculous article I have ever read in Time magazine and I don't think I'll be reading any more for a long time. I have no idea how that got accepted into Time.

The Olympics are all about peace between countries. The whole point of the Olympics are to promote peace. The sports are competitions between individuals, not countries. The medal counts don't matter, the scoring isn't relevant to the events, all it is are people competing to see who's best at what. When they get out there it's not the United States against China, it's the team from the States versus the team from China.

The part that most made me want to hitch a ride to Alaska and live with a pack of wolves for the rest of my life was here when he was describing his "new point system":

"Then we would use the European soccer system, in which we'd kick out the country with the most anti-points. Not just out of the Olympics, but out of the international community. The country would lose its seat at the U.N., the little stamp it puts on passports, all its welcome to signs and whatever war it's currently waging."

This is beyond stupid. He is proposing that any country who's athletes don't do well in the Olympics should just be thrown away and disregarded. I take international sports just as seriously as the next guy but which moron would come up with the idea to drag the ******* United Nations into this?

And also this:

"The ancient Greeks got themselves oiled up to wrestle for a good reason: to channel their bloodlust into something meaningless. Also because they were crazy gay."

HOW THE HELL DID THIS GET INTO TIME MAGAZINE?!

That first thing I said about this guy needing to get shot, I take it back. People like this should be dragged out into the street naked, one by one, and clubbed to death by the general public. In fact, let's make it an Olympic sport.

That first thing I said about this guy needing to get shot, I take it back. People like this should be dragged out into the street naked, one by one, and clubbed to death by the general public. In fact, let's make it an Olympic sport.
Genius. Pure genius.

I read the first few sentences and I already strongly dislike this guy. I agree, this is absolutely ridiculous. This Joel Stein guy is an absolute moron.

AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE SUGGEST THAT WE SHOULD ALL LEARN TO HATE EACH OTHER?!?!

This idiot is making me sick.

And Yoyolll, that would make a great sport but I think first we ought to cover him in maple syrup and then roll him in feathers.

I read the first few sentences and I already strongly dislike this guy. I agree, this is absolutely ridiculous. This Joel Stein guy is an absolute moron.

AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE SUGGEST THAT WE SHOULD ALL LEARN TO HATE EACH OTHER?!?!

This idiot is making me sick.

And Yoyolll, that would make a great sport but I think first we ought to cover him in maple syrup and then roll him in feathers.
And hang him by his nipples with fish hooks.

Back