• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Shoutbox

Shouldnt there be a shout box? Ex, When a user replies to a post it would show up, or users can talk to the other members. So?

Hey Sky Hero and welcome to ZS.

I found a post from Bob a while ago on it here:
http://www.zeldasages.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15304&postcount=5

I don't know if a shoutbo would be all that great. I mean, we have PMs, the Forums, a chatroom, why do we really need a shoutbox? It would make things really cluttered, IMO. I participate in a few communities that have them, and they're a tad annoying.

I guess to each there own though. :)

Edit: 300th posts, wohoo!

Hi there!
Yes, a shoutbox has been debated a bit, and it was ultimately decided that it would be too much of a resource hog to really justify. We are, behind the scenes, creating a number of major changes for ZS. So, stay tuned for those!

yeah, I always liked shoutboxes. I got one on my site, I find that ppl would still type a quick Shout than post but either way, it has its ups n downs. Considering my site is dead, doesn't serve much purpose anyhow.

Honestly, with the quick reply that's on the new site, and the chatroom, I think a shoutbox is kinda pointless. After the site redesign, I think people will forget about needing a shoutbox.

yeah my site has quick reply and a separate page for the shoutbox as well as the quick shout. Just something I've always had for the last 8 years :/ but yeah I get what you're saying.

Just to confirm, Dakare is one of the folks I'm sharing the new design with outside of ZS staff. He speaks truth :).

Anyway, I still contend that a shoutbox, especially with how the site redesign will be, is not really necessary. It eats database resources. However, the new site is going to have vastly improved social communication and connectivity. To be honest, I think you'll forget all about a shoutbox when you see what we have in store.

Back