• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Wii's Problems...

animaldude

Sage in Training
Not many I could think of but here ya go...

1. Loading time... when you're trying to get back to the main page it takes a LONG time to load and it sometimes it freezes up while it loads... that can be a problem because then it cant shut off manually so i have to unplug it which makes me get out of my seat *GASP*... i dont know how this can be fixed
  2. Sensor bar- well if you arent close enough to the sensor bar the little finger on the screen shakes alot which gets to be annoying... also the wire isnt very long... this is a problem because shaking is annoying and if u have a home theatre set up then u need some sort of extension... a solution can be a stronger portable one
  3. the power brick- it isnt TOO big but it is big enough to bother some people
  4. toooo small- well some people may find this as a good thing but if you have it standing on the stand and you attach the gamecube controller to it... it can easily tip over and make an ouchie... u cant really fix this
  5. cheap wiimote sound- ya... the sound coming out of the remote can sometimes sound likee SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH- solution i dunno...
  6. no dvd... all the other systems have dvd why cant htis :(... this will come eventually though but i wish it came out of the box
  7. no multiplayer... all the other systems have this why cant this... it will come eventually though
  8. no "ultra cool" graphic... all the other systems have this... why cant the wii..
  9. the last three you will all argue with so dont bother... i know the arguements :)
  10. If you're a big VC collector and u want to get like evry game created... you can't fit more than....................................................... 36 :D... i suggest an update that gives u more
  11. wimote eats my batteries... i think i went through almost 2 packs since i got it
  12. wire between nunchuck and remote can get annoying when it isnt straight... lol... i suggest a wireless thing and that just might be on the way
thats all i can think of if you have anything to add just post

My wiimote is almost through with it's first pair of batteries, so I haven't gone through 2 packs yet lol, but The wii has multiplayer on some games (i.e. R: RR) so do you mean online multiplayer?

Your problem list isn't bad, but you don't go into any detail as to why each thing is so bad and what effects they have on the system and player, as well as possible solutions.

I can imagine some reasons why they'd be bad, but I have no first hand experience! You've got to fill me in, I'm curious! :D

When it was called the Revolution, they said it was going to have a free wi-fi service for multiplayer and they also said it would pla DVDs. I guess they just needed to release it a little faster.

It's true that the main screen takes a long time to load but mine has never frozen.

What happens with mine is that if you leave a disc in it like overnight or something and you play it without taking it out (like gamecube, who removes the discs after you're done playing, seriously?) and putting back in the disc slot, it works EXTREMELY slow. After you press start it takes about 3 and a half minutes of waiting to get to the wrist strap thing. I have to unplug it.

I notice this to. The wait time for it to load the game as a channel is understandable, as the Wii has to determine if it is a Gamecube or Wii game, then check parental settings, etc if it is a Wii game. After the channel loads though, I've never had more than 4 seconds after selecting the game for the warning to show up. Maybe your Wii hates you :p.

Hmmmm...well, though I have to agree with the range problem between the Wiimote and the sensor bar(so that's why the cursor's so shaky), my only real gripes are lack of support for those who cannot afford, or cannot get, high speed internet, and the fact that to stop a Gamecube game, you have to MANUALLY reset the console! Why can't you reset it with the Wiimote?? THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE!

With a console as small as the Wii, I'm not surprised the power supply's external.
I heard that if Microsoft had made the power supply INTERNAL, the 360 would have been a LOT bigger. I'm glad they didn't.:D

With a console as small as the Wii, I'm not surprised the power supply's external.
I heard that if Microsoft had made the power supply INTERNAL, the 360 would have been a LOT bigger. I'm glad they didn't.:D
I agree, it's really not that big a deal. I hide the power devices behind the television anyway, so I don't see anything but the cord.

All of my wires are behind the TV, so all you can see is the shiny wii...My wiimote's batteries are about to die...

Yea, there isn't much of a reaon to complain about the power supplies anyway.
Chuck 'em behind the TV and forget about 'em!! Out of sight, out of mind.

Well, don't chuck 'em....:)

Back