• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

This Just In!!!

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
It has been stated by http://www.nintendo.com that Phantom Hourglass will be released on October 1st! Here's the article:

Nintendo.com said:
Like Sands Through the Hourglass, Zelda's Debut on Nintendo DS Approaches

Legendary Franchise Goes Portable Oct. 1

What do you get when you combine the world's best-selling video game system, the Nintendo DS, with one of Nintendo's best-loved franchises, Zelda? An epic new adventure that satisfies longtime fans but draws in new players with intuitive touch-screen controls. Launching Oct. 1, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, complete with crisp 3-D cartoon graphics and multiplayer battles over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, marks the debut of the franchise on Nintendo DS.

"Since 1987 The Legend of Zelda franchise has sold more than 52 million units worldwide," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass stays true to the richness of the console Zelda franchise while introducing new controls that allow veterans and first-time gamers to become fully immersed in the adventure."

The game involves legendary hero Link and Tetra, the leader of a band of pirates, as they discover a ghost ship in dense fog. Link falls into the ocean when Tetra gets into trouble, and he wakes up alone on the shore of a mysterious island. Throughout the game, Link collects sand for his Phantom Hourglass, which allows him to explore deeper and deeper into a time-limited dungeon in his quest to find Tetra.

You can play the entire game with only the Nintendo DS touch screen. Walk up to characters and tap them to start a conversation. Slash your stylus across the touch screen to swing Link's sword. If players touch an enemy with the stylus, Link attacks. Players can even navigate their ship or set a route for their boomerang simply by drawing a path on the touch screen.

The robust single-player adventure will have Zelda veterans and newcomers alike engrossed by the story as they move through the game with the stylus. A special two-player battle mode lets players connect locally or via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. One player controls Link as he tries to gather as many Force Gems as possible, while the other player manages the enemies who pursue Link. The replayability of these winner-take-all matches is virtually endless.

In both style and characters, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass echoes the smash-hit The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for Nintendo GameCube, which sold more than 2.2 million in the United States alone. But the inviting, easy-to-understand story and ease of control will attract casual and younger players who might be new to Zelda games.

As a special bonus for Nintendo's rewards club, My Nintendo members who register the game and their Nintendo DS hardware at MyNintendo.com and fill out a short survey will receive a special Nintendo DS stylus that looks like an old-fashioned quill pen, modeled after an item in the game (subject to availability).

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass follows hot on the heels of another classic Nintendo franchise with amazing new controls. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the third installment of the hit trilogy, launches with motion-sensitive controls exclusively on Wii on Aug. 27.

I editted the title to make it seem more urgent ^_^...

Also here's the link for those of you who want to see it on Nintendo's website... http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=mePD8Co1IPtVVF0gBjk_X5ZOHVFC9d_u&page=

WOAH- in case anyone didn't read the ending-

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass follows hot on the heels of another classic Nintendo franchise with amazing new controls. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the third installment of the hit trilogy, launches with motion-sensitive controls exclusively on Wii on Aug. 27.

how can they poor all of this on us all at once.. :)'))

Yea, thanks. And I did notice that. I just didn't pay much attention to it since I'm not very good at Metroid (even though I have the first two and Hunters). And the fact that I figured the Zelda launch was more important.

Wow, I come home from work for this, lol :). I'll post this right up on the homepage, I'll be sure to give Dakare credit as well ;).

Haha, yea, I'm a loser who decided to subscribe to Nintendo's RSS feed, so I knew about it the second it went up.:p

Lol... i guess that Zelda game thingy is a bigger deal :D

I suck at metroid too :)

From what i've read on IGN, etc. the Japanese version is supposed to be amazing...

So as we were discussing on the homepage, who's gonna get the quill stylus? I am as soon as I get the game. I already have my DS registered.

I can't register my DS...the serial number on the back is completely faded...unless my sister lets me use her's to register...

Anyway, I am looking forward to this game, and am overjoyed they finally set a solid release date :D.

Hot Pockets are hot.....

Anyway, just steal your sister's at night and use it to get the stylus. I didn't bother getting the Pokemon stylus, but I'm getting this one because what's cooler than playing Zelda with a quill?

I registered the game systems I could, being the Wii, Game Cube, and GBA...

Back to Phantom Hourglass discussion please :)

EDIT: By Quill stylus, do they mean Quill, as in a quill you write with, or do they mean Quill the Rito postman from the Legend of Zelda: the Windwaker?

Preorder would be a good thing. I never would have gotten my original DS if I hadn't preordered.

Of course it might also help if I beat Windwaker fully first. I always got stuck on puppet Ganon, then I would resart my file because I would cheat on the last one....

I'm on the Triforce search in WW... I lost will to play after my Game Cube restarted itself, just after I got the most annoying one for me, the Ghost ship one...I might pre-order it...hopefully will get more money by then, because my birthday is ten days before the release O.O

i dont have any money for a ds:)'))

or phantom hourglass for that matter

i spend all my money on clothes....

Back