• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

TP and OoT: Good games, or over-rated?

Which is over rated?

• Only Ocarina of Time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I've been contemplating this one for awhile, and I've decided both are over rated.

Ocarina as a good game at the time, but people consider it the better of the two N64 Zelda games. I highly disagree on that point. Majora's mask was a uch better game. It was a bit darker, had an original story line, not just "Oh, Ganon is at it... AGAIN!" type of deal. Why people say OoT is better than MM is beyond me.

And then there's TP. Yes, it was a good game and all, but other than the normal things (Master sword, Zelda, Link, Ganon) nothing else that have become staple of the Zelda universe appeared, such as a trading quest, a giant sword, etc. I think this one became so "good" was because people were waiting so long for it that they forgot in order to make a good Zelda you need to add in more than just a larger map.

So what do you guys think? Are they both over rated, or just one, or neither? Vote and discuss.

In my opinion, out of those two, only Twilight Princess is overated. Good, buy overated. Nintendo created too much hype out of it, and I expected it to blow me out of the water. And what I've seen so far isn't very special.

Ocarina of Time is a fantastic game. In comparison to Majora's Mask, it is kind of empty as far as storyline and envolvement, but it also much longer. The problem with Ocarina of Time at the moment is that Nintendo is milking it way too much. Seriously, the orginal N64 cartridge, the Master Quest Bundle, the Zelda Collectors Edition, and it's for download on the Wii. I don't think its an overated game, just overused. It's getting old. Theres no denying that it has aged well, but Nintendo needs to let it go.

Haha, I think that I may have gone a bit off topic torwards the end >_>

Anyway, yeah, my vote is for TP as overated.

I thought they were both overrated because you guys told me they were so ******* great.

Ocarina was a great game because it successfully brought the Zelda franchise into 3D, and set up the later game, Majora's Mask. As such, it is not overated, but neither is it "the best game of all time."

TP, on the other hand, was successful mainly due to years of delays. As such, it is somewhat overated.

I like OoT better then MM because i can figure out how to beat that one ican't beat the dam MM beause it's so dam complex

They were both great games. Twilight Princess wasn't necessarily overrated, more so Twilight Princess was delayed so many times that the fanbase was expecting some form of atomic bomb level madness when they popped it into their Wiis/Gamecubes. Nintendo had their bit of share hyping the game, although what do you expect...it is Zelda after all :D.

Overrated, not really, though many fans may make it seem that way. Both games are really brilliant creations. For those TP naysayers, play OOT or something of the sort for a bit, play Brawl, do whatever, Then, revisit Twilight Princess. You'll find with a great deal of games that you may not have enjoyed before because it was either spoiled for you or you took yourself onto the hype train that you end up really getting a great deal of fun out of them :).

I think Ocarina of tme was a great game, but got worst the more you went in the game. as for TP, I think it wasn't that good, besides graphics of course, those were great!!!

Back