• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

True Enlightenment

Darn it! It was a really got explanation on the five types of gamers:

1. Non-gamer (cooking navi)
  2. Neo-casual (Wii Sports, play, fit only)
  3. Casual (Mainstream games, such as Halo and GTA)
  4. Gamer (Neo casual and mainstream games, along with others)
  5. Obsessive gamer (Play one game until they udderly beat it, often anti-social)
It also talked about each company's reason for ignoring the "casuals"(3).

I think there is another type, between 4 and 5. The kind of people that buy a bunch of games but usually don't beat them (legitimately at least) and play them till they get bored and buy new ones. And they have no social life.

Most people I know are either these^ or the kind that play a game until they utterly beat it but not from day to night, more like when they get the chance. I mean that's what I do, when I have nothing to do I'll turn on the last game I bought and play it. When I beat it I just find some of my old games and replay them until I can buy a new one.

I think most "gamers" are those two kinds of gamers. At least that's what I've seen.

Well, I guess that "gamer"(4) can be what you said, they can be anti-social, and what not. Its the idea that the difference between casual (3) and gamer (4) is that a gamer's main hobby is gaming. A casual (3) has a main hobby with gaming as a side, and that gaming is not as in depth as a gamer's gaming. If that makes any sense. I wish that that topic was still up. It explained a lot.

Also, obsessive gamers typically play games such as world of warcraft. You know, the types of games people get addicted to.

5. Obsessive gamer (Play one game until they udderly beat it, often anti-social)

I think my brother is number 5.
the kind that play a game until they utterly beat it but not from day to night, more like when they get the chance.
I think I'm that kind. I play when I get bored.

Would you realy call Halo a casual gamer's game? My friend plays Halo almost religiously. I mean seriously, he never stops.

And I'm the same as Ides of March...I play when I'm bored and/or when its convinient.

Halo is a game that casuals play because it is easy to get the hang of. There aren't any casual games, per say. There are neo casual games, and non-games, and games ("hardcore" to nintendo), but there are no "casual" games. There are, however, games that casual people play, such as Halo and GTA because they are BA with shooting and cars and what-not, and they are easy to get a hang of.

Back