• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Extremely Controversial United States invading Iran

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
If I'm not mistaken, the US plan for the middle east was to eventually go into Iran. Iran recently dug 320 thousand graves for the incoming American soldiers. I believe invading Iran would be a huge mistake on the USs part. If America goes into Iran, they're done. There's no way they can hold up against the Iran army and still keep a good economy, much less a strong national defense.

War boosts economy, how do you think we got out of the Great Depression?

It's stupid, America epic phails now, I'm going to Italy or something...

And by the way, I'm sure America will nuke Iran before they admit defeat -.-

It doesn't boost economy when we initially lower taxes and go into a war simultaneously while the rest of the nation predicts the recession that ultimately happens.

War boosts economy, how do you think we got out of the Great Depression?

It's stupid, America epic phails now, I'm going to Italy or something...

And by the way, I'm sure America will nuke Iran before they admit defeat -.-
Last time I checked, we arent living in the 1930s.

No, the world fails.

What?

If I'm not mistaken, the US plan for the middle east was to eventually go into Iran. Iran recently dug 320 thousand graves for the incoming American soldiers.
Can you... cite that?

Anyway, if Admadinawtfishisnamejad decides to attack Israel and the US they're the ones who are in trouble. Not the United States.

Last time I checked, we arent living in the 1930s.

No, the world fails.

What?

Can you... cite that?

Anyway, if Admadinawtfishisnamejad decides to attack Israel and the US they're the ones who are in trouble. Not the United States.
It's like all over the news, go look it up. Try BBC, CNN, and NTV.

Teddy, how do you think we got in the great depression?

I guess I'll have to give the answer since this wasn't approved the first time: WW1.

I'm not going to take a stand on this although I do need to point at the WW I did not put us into the depression. I'm fairly certain that a war that ended in 1918 (officially 1919) had no effect on a disaster which accrued in 1929 some ten years later. The United States was thrown into the depression because of lack of controls on the stock market, overusing credit, among other financial hiccups.

The 1920s saw a HUGE BOOM in business and production; the United States was living better than it ever had before. It all came down to overconfidence and a few management mistakes when it came to credit and loans. Your post was not approved before because it contained the false assumption that WW I caused the depression which greatly weakened your argument (something the moderators wished to save you from :) ). Both WW I and WW II caused the largest economic booms the US had ever seen. Hence, please study American History before you try to recreate it like many extreme left college professors attempt to.

I have to agree with Bob on this one. World War II got us OUT of the Great Depression into addition to WW I causing a huge economic surplus (of course, stupid people + money =)...

And I'm going to agree with Animal, I haven't seen any news about the US invading Iran. So, as a result... Post a link to this said information.

And I'm going to agree with Animal, I haven't seen any news about the US invading Iran. So, as a result... Post a link to this said information.

Look it up yourself. And you got it wrong, the US didn't invade Iran but the plan was to eventually do it. He wanted a citation for the 320 thousand graves dug there. Goddamnit, this is huge news go to ******* BBC and search it or something.

Gestures like this are fairly routine in places like Iran. It isn't so much a message to the U.S. as propaganda for the citizens of Iran. One of the ways they mantain power among the people is by spreading the perception that the 'evil American empire' might invade at any point, and that only the current government can protect them. When the U.S. does stupid things like refusing to engage in any negotiations or diplomacy with Iran, we only make it easier for them to build these perceptions.

With regards to the economic issues, while WWII was certainly a boon to the economy, war is not always beneficial to the economy. Consider the roughly one trillion dollars and countless lives lost in Iraq before deciding that a 'splendid little war' with Iran is the cure for our current problems.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/pakistan/T3BR9CMQVRS7RCCJE

It is only an opinion of someone, but a good one at that. Iran has many people, but apparently, the US has more firepower. I know you love the Middle East, and have so much more knowledge of it that I, but anywhere you look, America is ranked either in position one or two for best army in the modern world. Iran would be stupid to invade, I concur. However, ID is right in saying that it is propoganda; they will not be necessary if we invade.

Back