• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Unnecessary Sensor Bar

animaldude

Sage in Training
I was reading this article the other day about how you could replace the Wii sensor bar with 2 flashlights or even candles. I tried it and it works. It's soo cool :)

What I heard the sensor bar only emits two LED lights that tells the controller where it is on the screen. Thus all you need is two lights.

Ya, all the sensor bar does is sense infrared light from the Wiimote. It really is unnecessary and can simply be replaced by to sources of light. If your sensor bar's wire doesn't reach from ur wii to your tv just replace it with a couple of flashlights :D it may be annoying to ur eyes though... and i wouldn't want to candles to fall on my TV and creat an explosion....

Ya, all the sensor bar does is sense infrared light from the Wiimote. It really is unnecessary and can simply be replaced by to sources of light. If your sensor bar's wire doesn't reach from ur wii to your tv just replace it with a couple of flashlights :D it may be annoying to ur eyes though... and i wouldn't want to candles to fall on my TV and creat an explosion....
Yeah ... Id stick with the Sensor Bar

Ya same here but I'm just trying to point out to people who are having some type of problem with their sensor bar that tthey don't have to go out and by an extension cable, ect.

I've heard this before, but wouldn't the sensor bar simply be easier and more efficient? And the sensor bar can be on top or below the TV, so why would there be a problem? I know, there is a slim chance it would be applicable, but that's a pretty unlikely scenario.

I've heard this before, but wouldn't the sensor bar simply be easier and more efficient? And the sensor bar can be on top or below the TV, so why would there be a problem? I know, there is a slim chance it would be applicable, but that's a pretty unlikely scenario.
Some people have a home theatre setup... that certainly wouldn't allow that puny cord to reach from the Wii to the tv... but of course not many people that I know of have a home theatre setup

Wouldn't the Wii be near the TV anyway? I don't think a candle can replace a A/V cable...

Wouldn't the Wii be near the TV anyway? I don't think a candle can replace a A/V cable...
You're making this very difficult :)
If you hadn't realized the cable is very short. If someone has a theater set-up that has a projector, ect. and the circumstances are that the cable won't reach the TV. And there is no where to put the Wii close enough to the tv that the cable would be able to reach then they can simply use something as simple as a flashlight. I prefer the sensor bar because I have my wii right next to my TV.
So yeah... i just thought that was a cool thing to share with you guys.

Ok, I admit. You got me there. It is a cool bit of 'technology' and is an awesome party trick or cool experiment besides. I suppose I was playing the skeptic part a little to hard. :eek:

I don't believe so. It would have to be a concentrated pinpoint of light. A LED or candle works because they're fairly small. A standard size lightbulb is simply too big to act as a source. And the lampshade would have to be removed in any case.

Ok, it's just a neat little thing you can do with the sensor bar. It's not supposed to be an alternative. IT IS JUST A FUN LITTLE TRICK. Please no deep philosophical discussions onto the nature of the sensor bar in combination with the Wii as contrasted with the TV and wireless technology as developed thus far. It's a thread, not a thesis.

Ok, it's just a neat little thing you can do with the sensor bar. It's not supposed to be an alternative. IT IS JUST A FUN LITTLE TRICK. Please no deep philosophical discussions onto the nature of the sensor bar in combination with the Wii as contrasted with the TV and wireless technology as developed thus far. It's a thread, not a thesis.
lol

but it's not a trick.... like i've been saying it will benefit some people

Slyguy, why the hell would you want to put a lamp on top of ur tv... :rolleyes:

Back