• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Ura-Zelda

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I'm sure most of you might know about this in one way or another, even if you don't realize it. This was a game being developed for the N64DD that was basically a patch/expansion for Ocarina of Time. It was never released in the US until a few years back. Or so we thought.

You might know about OoT: Master Quest and think that this is the release of Ura-Zelda. It is, but it isn't. You see, the original Ura had new items and dungeons (aside from remade ones. One item to get was the Triforce) added to OoT. It also had new sidequests, and custom (yes, you made them) masks that you could make in Mario Artist (you could also use a Gameboy Camera, most likely why there was a golden Zelda edition GameBoy Camera released). I even heard that Nintendo left "hooks" in OoT for this expansion, such as the ice and fire arrows (which were no good, but you could get them) and the blank Triforce in the stat screen.

I thought all of this sounded really cool, and (this is me dreaming again) it would be really cool if Nintnedo released this (and other DD games, finished and near finished) for the VC.

More info can be found here:

EDIT: How come nobody is answering this? I thought you guys were Zelda fans. I was sure you guys would go crazy about this...

Indeed, this would be wonderful.
From what i researched, the expansion port used in Japan was a total flop... which is unfortunate for us because of course if it doesn't go well in Japan, then the chance of it even being available here are terribly slim.

Yeah, and what Nintendo doesn't realize is they could turn that failure then into a success now. I mean, the only people who might resent it are the handfull of people in Japan who actually bought it. And the fact that they have a bunch of developed and half developed software for it laying around means they could make a killing off of it. Not to mention if they did release it here, they could release it for WiiWare and never have to mention what system it was for orginially.

But it would be really awesome having Ura-Zelda here. I would imagine you would have to buy OoT from the VC first, then purchase Ura-Zelda to be able to play it. And if they released Mario Artist (all five or so they had planned) and Gameboy VC with the Camera and a USB camera? That would be awesome.

Uh, no. Ura-Zelda was never released. The DD was, along with some of the Mario Artist games and an F-Zero X expansion (those being the good games for it). The fact that the DD never sold well was because Nintendo had it mail order only due to the fact that the next gen consoles were arriving.

So if they finished the Ura-Zelda programing and released it on the WiiWare (maybe with the Mario Artist series and F-Zero X extension) would be cool.

Well still, if they make money off of it... it wouldn't be worth the hassle to them. Have you seen their recent earning totals? Whatever they make off of that would be a penny to them.

I personally think it would be a fair amount. Think about it: An expansion to OoT, the single best selling Zelda game with the largest fan base of any Zelda game. Also it would be like Master Quest with even more stuff. I seriously think it would sell really well and make them a fair amount of money. I mean, the DD was only a failure because they made it one. It wasn't the games. So it's not like people would say "Oh, a Zelda expansion! Oh, wait, it was for the DD. I'm not gonna buy it because of that".

So, in all seriousness (and yes I realize the numbers would pale in comparison to the Wii and DS sales), I think Nintendo's penny would be really pretty if they released Ura-Zelda.

Eh, good point. It's about as hopeful as seeing BS Zelda and The Ancient Stone Tablets...

Back