• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Why PCs sort of annoy me

diezoberflote

Loftwing
I'm at college, so all I have (for now) is my PC. I miss my consoles dearly. They are so much more easy to use than these mind numbing PCs.

All I've ever known is consoles. So it surprised me when I went to play a game and my computer said "nope. first you've gotta register." I said okay. Then I went to create a character and my computer said "nope. first you've gotta join some online thingie. here, fill this out." I said okay. Then I went to play and my computer said "nope. you havent created a login account." All I wanted to do was play, but I guess not.
I guess this happens more with online games, which is why they can be such a pain.
Also, I never noticed my consoles growing slowly weaker over time. With the PCs I've had, games begin chugging and aborting as the months wear on. And yes, I perform system maintenance regularly.
Why do people say consoles become absolete soon after they come out? At least they still continue to work. Thats more important then constantly keeping up with the latest technology, in my opinion.
Maybe I'm just not used to it, and all these complaints will seem silly to any other PC gamers.
These are things I just couldn't help noticing from making the temporary switch from consoles to PCs.
What do you guys think?

Ya, i agree with you that it could be annoying to get it started but sometimes the games can be worth it...
what i find very much annoying is that when you're playing an online game and you forgot your password you have to exit your game, go online, type some stuff in, go to your email, memorize or write down a combination of random numbers and letters, and try to start your game up again only to find that it wont work and you have to reboot your computer AND- but thats just me :)
what also annoys me is that sometimes the game doesnt let you log on to the online feature.... thats especially annoying because i thene have to reboot my computer... but anyway :D

what game were you trying to get to work?

See, the example you just gave is perfect.
Those email verification codes etc. really just throw a wet blanket over the whole experience for me.
I don't consider myself to be a whiny person....except when it comes to gaming. haha, yea I can get nuts.

the game i had serious trouble with was Maple Story, as well as Battlefield, and WoW.
I feel extra stupid about WoW, because I didn't know it wasn't free. So after 15 hours of confusing installation, I realize it was all for naught.
I was shocked, actually. I'm too used to games being free.

OMG... world of warcraft is WAY over priced! 15 dollars a month?! Ive heard it's VERY fun but i get so frustrated at setting it up, i would never pay 15 dollars a month for a game, and ive heard its extremely addicting, and everyone i know who plays it is a zombie :D

Its addiction comes from the fact that players wish to accomplish as much as possible as fast as possible in order to avoid paying for it for a long time. Personally, I favor free applet-containded MMOs. I play three of 'em, so my addiction is healthily spread.

As for the annoyance of PCs, that's why I have my Sledgehammer of Network Fixing. It works extremely well. First I try. Then I try again. They I pulverize the offending piece of technology and buy a Mac that actually works. In theory.

Its addiction comes from the fact that players wish to accomplish as much as possible as fast as possible in order to avoid paying for it for a long time. Personally, I favor free applet-containded MMOs. I play three of 'em, so my addiction is healthily spread.

As for the annoyance of PCs, that's why I have my Sledgehammer of Network Fixing. It works extremely well. First I try. Then I try again. They I pulverize the offending piece of technology and buy a Mac that actually works. In theory.
I oughta try that...
it would save a great deal of frustration:D

I think most of us can agree that the most annoying thing about a computer is when it gives you an error but dosen't tell you what or how it happened.

Examples::mad:

FATAL SYSTEM ERROR.

WINDOWS SHUTTING DOWN.

THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL ACTION AND MUST SHUT DOWN.

INTERNET EXPLORER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND MUST CLOSE.

This gets especially annoying when you're working on something important or playing a game and it closes just as you're about to save!_O

I also dont understand why a computer that has the same abilities as an xbox 360 costs thousands of dollars more.'
Is it all the extra Windows stuff that no one cares about?
Do they cost more to make?

I dunno, PCs make little sense to me.

I miss my laptop.....I sometimes play one or two MMO's, but I mostly play: The Helicopter game :p

ZeldaSages is awesome...THAT'S the biggest thing that I do on my computer. I think that nintendo should make a wireless Wiiboard.

Heh heh, get it? WIIBOARD? KEYBOARD? ;)

If it's illegal why does it do it agian

and one time my Computer actually Appoligized to me "I'm Sorry, I've failed to do requested command, anymore such attempts at this will likly result the same message, I'm sorry i've failed you"

I told me i'm better yeah

I miss my laptop.....I sometimes play one or two MMO's, but I mostly play: The Helicopter game :p

ZeldaSages is awesome...THAT'S the biggest thing that I do on my computer. I think that nintendo should make a wireless Wiiboard.

Heh heh, get it? WIIBOARD? KEYBOARD? ;)

The Wii already has internet surfing. You can download it for free on the Nintendo Shop thingy but you need to hook the wii up to some kind of internet connection.

I know that, I use the Wii internet too. What I was referring to, was that I want a wireless keyboard for easier typing on the wii, thus the name: Wiiboard. Just like remote - Wiimote.

TYPING ON THE WII IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTANCE. Not quite, but close. I wholeheartedly second the motion to MAKE A FRIGGIN' KEYBOARD ALREADY! Oh, and computers cost more because they can do more. A console is a dedicated processor, with little versitility. After all, when have you seen a Wii used as a calculator?

Heh. I collect old games 'n controllers to go with my Atari. Old, yet still good. That thing had more peripherals than most modern consoles.

2600, the original. Anyway, back to PCs. PCs tend to have more control than most consoles, and it's hard to beat the mouse. Add on to that the complete lack of a decent RTS for ANY console, and the PC emerges as worthy of purchasing.

Actually, if you will notice on the back of the Wii there are 2 USB ports. I hear Nintendo is working on an update which will allow you to use a keyboard for the internet channel.

Back