• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii Keyboard

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So as many Wii owners know, Nintendo released Bios version 3.1. This has enabled for USB keyboard use on just about every channel that you have to type stuff. So, the question is what keyboard are you going to get for it if any?

I might get one just in case games use it in the future. I was looking at the unofficial list on Wikipedia and noticed several wireless keyboards work for it, and that Microsoft keyboards work on it. So I found a cheap Microsoft keyboard, but it was not on the list yet. I was also thinking of holding back and seeing if Nintendo releases their own or makes a deal with a company to make a Wii themed one (like they did with Sandisk for the flash cards).

What are you guys planning? Not buying it because you have a computer for the net? Going to buy one for future games? Going to buy one to be lazy and not have to leave the couch to surf the net?

Oh, and the last thing I'm going to add in is does anybody know if Nintendo might release an update for USB mice for when they release the SNES games that used the SNES mouse (like Mario Paint)?

YAY! They are FINALLY making (or at least allowing the use of) a keyboard! Hopefully you can use it with other things besides the internet...

Now I must figure out how to get a wireless keyboard...>_>

Yeah, but the thing with the Classic 200, while it is proven to work with the Wii really well, and Logitech is making a white version of it for the Wii, it's not wireless. And I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk to my Wii to grab the keyboard. I mean, if I were to get a wired keyboard, I would just get a $3 PS/2 to USB converter and use one of my old keyboards that I have laying around.

Now all they need is a mouse and I'll be set! If only games would use them. FPS games would be SOO much easier for me with a mouse and keyboard

It all depends on what FPS it is. If it's something like Doom, Duke Nukem, or Wolfenstein then a keyboard and mouse is better. If it's something like Halo, then a controller is better imo.

I think they really need the mouse for the SNES mouse games like Mario Paint or (oddly enough) Doom and Wolfenstein 3D.

Back