• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Wii Sports!

animaldude

Sage in Training
Okay, I'm going to format this a little wierd but I think it's appropriate for this game. I'm going to rate each of the sports and then rate the minigames and then rate the fitness age and those will be smaller compared to the sound,graphics, ect.

Well for those of you who don't have the Wii yet this review will introduce you to this game. For those of you who have a Wii you probably have already expericence the greatness of this game but this review will just show you how I feel about this game.

In otherwords read it!

Sports-
Tennis- This game is a great introduction to Wii sports. It has an easy learning curve except for the the timing part of it. It's a great game to play with friends. The only bad thing about it is the fact that it doesn't always read the Wiimote the exact right way. If make a backhand swing it sometimes makes a forehand swing... or whatever you call it -_- other then that this game is tied for the best sports on Wii sports. 9/10
Bowling- Tied for best game on wii sports. I personally think it's a little TOO easy but whatever... you have a great sense of control and the only bad thing is the easiness level. It really is fun though especially with a couple of friends. The only other bad thing is it kind of gets boring after 10 times over and over again unless the match is tight but if you are playing with your little brother and you're beating him terribly it gets boring. 9/10
Baseall-I love baseball! I like this game. You have very limited control over the game and the most innings you would want to play is three. I like it because I have good control over the bat :D. 7/10
Golf-I am a huge golfer in real life so i like this game. It is the 4th best of each minigame. Personally i have no problem controlling the strength of my swing but i have seen other people struggle with the game. It really is hard to get in the habit. It is an occasionally good game to play though. 7/10
Boxing-bleh... So tiring! Good for one match but then....bleh. 5/10
Training minigames- They are all fun and are great practice for the fitness test. 8/10
Fitnesstest- this always gets you a good laugh. It tests you in a series of 3 minigames and gives you your fitness age. Kind of like brain age for the ds. I have the fitness of a 30 year old on my 3rd try :D
Overall Sports score!!!!!!- 8/10

Graphics- wow. I realize they weren't aiming for the stars and it it pretty cool to see a mii of yourself on screen but... wow. 6/10

Sound- There's nothing wrong with the sound here. It uses the wiimote built in speaker alot. If your alone its relaxing and if your with a friend it really doesn't interfere with the laughing and talking. 9/10

Gameplay- A great introduction to the wiimote. It uses it in several different ways. The perfect game to pack with this system. 9/10

Overall- Again, the perfrect game to pack with the system. It isn't very addicting though and it really gets boring after an hour of play but other than that its great to play with friends or even alone on a rainy day :)

8.0/10.0

For some reason I find boxing more entertaining than the rest of the world, but still a good review. Wii Sports' main intent was to showcase the Wiimote, and it accomplished that admirably.

Yes, you do. In addition to choosing the Mii you use, other Miis saved on your Wii will appear occasionally in things like baseball, which uses 18 different Miis. If there aren't enough Miis registered, it will simply pull from a pool of preset sample Miis. Also, data is saved by the Mii. Each Mii has its own personal records, and ranking.

Ha-ha-ha! On The Colbert Report a week ago, (on Comedy Central) Stephen Colbert made a Mii of himself and Nancy Pilosi and he beat up Nancy Pilosi in Wii Sports Boxing... Ha-hahaha!!!

It's really funny to watch someone else play it unless you have played it yourslef. Kinda like that WarioWare game with the gyroscope whose name ecapes me.

(WarioWare:SmoothMoves)
Ya, it is funny to see other people play these *active* Wii games. But what we don't realize is that we look funny ourselves :D You should record yourself playing Wii Sports... look at it and you'll probably laugh.

I have. It was rather amusing.

(I'm not talking about the Wii one, and [now searching amazon.com] the name of the game in question is WarioWare: Twisted.)

Back