• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii Wishlist 2008

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Okay, what do you want to see out of the Wii for 2008? I have my list:

• Brawl not being delayed again
  • Super Smash Bros. (64) on VC
  • Super Mario RPG on VC
  • Animal Crossing Wii (even if it's during the holiday season
  • External hard-drive (or some other mass-storage device)
  • 64DD/SNES BS games on WiiWare
  • Rechargable batteries for Wiimotes (from Nintendo)
  • Wireless nunchuck (from Nintendo)
  • DVD compatibility
  • Media Channel
  • Customizible Wii Menu

Well some of these things I know will come out but these are what I want:

• Animal Crossing Wii
  • No More Heroes
  • Smash Bros Brawl
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Another great online FPS (Like MoH2)
  • Wii DVD Compatibility
  • Wireless Nunchuck (the third party one that is coming out will suit me fine)

Yeah, I forgot about DVD compatibility. I'll add it to my list.

And for me personally, I don't trust third party accessories that much. Well, at least when it doesn't have the "Nintendo seal" on it. I mean, I know that Nintendo puts that on everything that gets sent in for it, but still, I would rather trust something with it then without it.

Wow, sorry bout the rant there. Oh, I would also like to see customizable Wii menus and some sort of media channel (For DVDs, CDs, music from SD cards).

I want a few things from the Wii this year.
  • DVD Compatability
  • Brawl
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Brawl
  • Fire Emblem
  • Brawl
  • More Mii Choices
  • Brawl
  • Custom Robo
Did I mention BRAWL!

I see you are all interested in DVD capabilities... Well, it turns out that the Wii actually has the necessary hardware to play DVD's already built into it, according to this article. The only thing Nintendo would need to do is release a little update. S'ketty knows why they aren't releasing it.

Yeah, I've heard about that and Nintendo said that it's not as simple as a firmware update, even though it's only software related. If that's so, then why not release a disk for $20 or so to enable it. I'm not saying I NEED it (I have four DVD players in my gaming room), but it would be nice for other people, and would add to the appeal of the system itself.

They're not releasing DVD capabilites because people can actually download games (or saves or whatever) from the internet on to a DVD and use it on the Wii. It was originally supposed to come out with a DVD player.

Well, as for saves, they can already do that with SD cards. As for games, it's impossible. My brother once tried to copy GameCube games (he found the small disks), but it didn't work. And as for them cutting DVD playback, it was because of cost. They thought an extra $50 was too much for consumers.

I'm not sure exactly what they do, I just know it happened a LOT on the PS2 (and PSP with SD cards, although it was much harder, don't ask why because I don't know) over in Europe and now Nintendo's a little worried about releasing the DVD player.

Back