• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii's memory solution

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Yeah, I know, all of you think I'm stupid because I've actually run out of room on my Wii. But you can't deny that the 512 MB is pretty weak. I've read articles with quotes from Nintendo staff saying they are in fact working on a solution. Here are the three current solutions that people are looking at, one of them ruled out by Reggie, and I think you'll be surprised by one of the options:

• Direct play off of SD cards- This seems like an obvious choice for Nintendo. SD cards don't cost that much (15-25 US dollars depending on size) so that the over all "cost" of a Wii stays down.
  • External USB HDD- Another obvious choice, and while hard drive memory is cheaper (I once saw a 250 GB pocket HD for $150), you have to factor in a case, and the fact that it needs its own power supply, plus takes up more space. Oh, and Nintendo basically said it wouldn't be a hard drive.
  • Holographic memory unit- Odd, right? It's the rumor going around, though. I find this to be hard to believe, mainly because holographic memory, while extreme useful (look it up, it's too hard to explain), is a new technology and will probably be expensive (I've heard $1800 for a reader, $180 for a card). Although it would fit into Nintendo's promise of something better than a HDD, and into the Wii's new technology motif.
Thoughts? Comments? Insults aimed toward me for complaining about the Wii's very little memory?

Back