• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

WiiU Down the Drain?

Linkman

Loftwing
So, I haven't exactly seen the best of news for the WiiU recently. With games being delayed and other factors, I'm worried that not much will come from the WiiU in the future. Honestly, even Gamestop is no longer publishing WiiU updates in the newsletter they send me. I'm really worried about Nintendo; what the heck are they doing over there?

I know I'm not alone, but it's just disappointing to see Nintendo do this to themselves. I feel like it's a combination of riding to much on the success of the Wii and really messing up marketing. Half my family still thinks the WiiU is just a Wii with a gamepad. I don't feel like Nintendo will go the way of Sega, but I hope they can come up with something to correct these image problems soon. Is there any saving the WiiU, or is it at the point where Nintendo may just need to try again better next cycle?

I don't have a WiiU yet and I really don't plan on getting one until some serious new games come out. Tht said, I also don't have a PS4 or Xbox One for similar reasons...and the $$$$!!!

Nintendo has some serious work to do to appeal to folks like me with the WiiU.

Well, all I can tell you guys is that Zelda team 3 is currently working on Zelda U. There is also hype about a new Metroid and of course the new mash bros. As soon as I know more, I WILL post away.

I'm hopeful that Nintendo will come out with big news this June. Although I was happy to see a number of games announced last year, few really held clout to the kinds of games that need to be out for the WiiU to really sell well. I'm optimistic though...not just because I have a WiiU:cool:.

anywhere from the first to the 12 of next month, I should have my LOZWWHD wii u, and if I can find a way, ill be posting my playthrough on youtube. im excited to have a wii u, but also nervous as it might not be worth it. im highly optimistic tho, and from playing old wii games(like FINALLY BEING ABLE to play Metroid Prime 3) to getting Mash Bros and Zelda U, I believe everything will turn out ok.

Back