• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

World of Goo on Wii Ware

Capt. Zeroth

Loftwing
Cause I'm lazy, This is quoted from this review.

In World of Goo, the goo balls act as nodes and form links with other goo balls that can be used to build structures. The player uses these structures to reach a pipe at the end of a level. Like many great games, World of Goo has fundamentally simple rules and mechanics that are built upon as the game progresses. Of course, these mechanics are expanded throughout play, but the basic rules remain familiar to that has ever dealt with the three laws of Newtonian Physics. That is to say, everyone who lives in our dimension.

World of Goo does not force the player to care about the story. Barring a few cutscenes, the story is fleshed out by completely optional (and hilarious) dialogue. More importantly, if a player does care about the story, they will have to work for it. So often do we find ourselves being hit over the head with themes in video game stories. Even in games with player choice, decisions are usually "good and evil," "salvation or destruction," etc. World of Goo is a game about industrialization, alienation in the modern world, post-modern commentaries on consumer culture, and the downfall of technologically advanced societies. It is all there for those who want it and it demands interpretation, but for those not interested, it is not mandatory. For me, World of Goo best exemplifies video games' potential to provide a linear story without crudely aping film or literature.

Trailer 1 Trailer 2

world_of_goo.jpg

So the game is very simple, but quite awesome. If you have some one too play co-op with, its very fun too. You can get it from Wii Ware or a PC version, but I recommend the Wii version. I imagine you get better control with it, and you can play with up to 4 people. If you really want, you can pirate it. According to their website, about 90% of PC versions of the game are pirated. But don;t be a jerk. Buy this game to help the 2 guys who made it.

I'd give it 4.5/5. Its an excellent game for 1500 wii points.

That's a pretty hefty sum. About how long is the game because I'm the type that likes to get all the bang I can for my buck (and the $15 price seems a bit much, at least from the looks of it at the present).

Same people that tried to sell Defend Your Castle, the free internet game which you can access (for free) on the wii internet channel (which was also free) and go on many (free) game sites and play the game (free).

What was the price for it, 10 dollars?

You guys are so stingy. I had a few Wii points laying unused, so I thought I would buy this game. I think it was well worth it and recommend you buy it. Now stop complaining.

Back