• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Xensaga Episode 2 (PS2)

diezoberflote

Loftwing
This game must be played after completion of the previos Xenosaga. Otherwise, everything'll seem like a lot of mumbo jumbo and you won't know what the heck's going on.
Overview: Continues where Episode 1 left off, but everything about it seems much more shoddy and frustrating.

Graphics: 8.5/10
Yup, the graphics have gotten better.....but not much. Some of the character models aren't as appealing to me though, but that's personal taste (Shion's wiggling action is gone.....*sob*). Everything's similiar in look and presentation as Episode 1, which is a good thing. The enviroments are still kinda :( . I don't remember seeing one cry-out-loud beautiful cinematic....now I really am crying....

Sound: 6.5/10
If you don't stop to actually go "Hey there's music behind all of this" you'll probably miss it. And there isn't much to miss, either. It's all the same futuristic hoohaa as before. I say mute it and play some of your own tunes. Seriously, games this epic need good orchestral music or else *splat*.
Some of the character voices are a little spotty and might make you go :confused: . I liked KOS-MOS's old voice.....:mad:

Gameplay: 5/10
Everything about operating this game gives you the illusion like you're a really bad gamer. Stuff like character management has had all the life sucked out of it, and the battle system will make you want to jump off a bridge. Nothing ever seems to work straight. Everything is touch and go.
I got frustrated operating this game.

Story/Entertainment/Cinematic shizzle: 8.5/10
Everything that made the story elements of the first game great are back. Lots of spooky philosophy, creepy religious leaders, and an epic plot is all that will keep you interested in this game. It's a good idea to play through it for the story elements, if you're really into the saga. Heck, that's why I did.

Overall: 6.5
It's sad for this saga to take this dip. The game is shorter than Episode 1, I got through the main quest in about 30 hours. Everything besides the story really falls short in this Episode. It's not very fun to play. Take it or leave it, folks.

Back