• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Your amazing stories.

Demoncrat7

Loftwing
So, I'm pretty sure that everyone has a really great story that they tell at dinner parties and whatnot...embarrassing moments (about yourself or family members), bizarre misunderstandings, urban legends, etc.

There's been discussion of inactivity on the forums, sooo hopefully this will spark something. Tell us your stories!

It's rather difficult for me to pick one story, especially considering my best story involves my mother and the many odd things she has hit in a head on collision. :) So, I'll tell a story that won't humiliate any member of my family and rather educate the masses.
-------------

Anyway, I am certified by the America Red Cross for adult and child first aide, CPR, and defibrillator use. Three years ago my grandparents and myself took a nice bike ride along the Delaware River. It was getting late and close to turn back time, so my grandfather shouted ahead to my grandmother, she being in the front as she was the slowest rider, that it would soon be time to turn around. She swung her head around screaming "WHAT!" and lost control of her bike. She twisted and turned across the trail several times before she hit a tree stump, flew from the bike, and knocked herself head first, no helmet, into a tree.

My grandmother was unconscious face first on the ground snorting in dirt with every breath. My grandfather, though being a chemical engineer, had absolutely no idea of how to handle the situation at hand. I had recently taken the Red Cross course, and was able to evaluate the situation. My first problem was her breathing, she was snorting in dirt with every breath face first on the ground. Although it is unwise to move anyone whom has just experienced head trauma, failure to move her onto her back may have caused her to either stop breathing or go into something worse due to lack of oxygen and brain trauma, like a stroke. After we flipped her over she naturally exhaled the dirt she had snorted whilst on the ground and slowly began a normal breathing pattern, although she was still out cold. We called 911 and within five minutes the paramedics arrived on the scene.

My grandmother was still out cold for a good ten minutes until she woke up wondering what happened. We told her, although the information would not stick and she would repeat the question. She was transported via helicopter to a nearby PA hospital where she stayed for three weeks under careful observation and care. For the first six months after her injury she was in a state unfit to drive or perform her daily routine. Her memory slowly came back with the aide of a few hormone drugs the doctors proscribed for her, and as of two and a half years ago *six months after* she has seen a full recovery.

----------
Moral of the story, wear a helmet and know what to do. I highly recommend every here take the American Red Cross or American Heart Association courses in those respected fields, you never know when they can help save someone's life. Just as an example, we were told by the doctors if she had stayed face down breathing in dirt, she would have suffered almost irreversible brain damage from the large lack of oxygen. In addition, moving the head carelessly, as many tend to instinctively do, would have caused her to possibly enter a permanent coma.

If enough stories get thrown in here I'll tell a happier story next time, thought I would start with something unembarrassed.

This story happened to me today actually. I was walking in Cafe A, toward Cafe B to buy lunch when this kid bumps into me with his tray. The tomato soup on his tray spilled all over me.:mad: I kinda shoved it back at him, getting it on him also. Then I kinda just kept walking and I had the fun of watching some 200 kids stare at me as I walked to the nurse's office.:eek: They did give me this nifty polo shirt. But still it was really embarassing.

I have one, a little scary actually. When I was younger my house was robbed by a few armed robbers. I was in my bedroom and my mother was the only other person home. They were not very smart robbers, being they did not even realize that anyone was home. My mother heard them in the house and snuck to my room to tell me to lock the door and hide. She called the police and was told to stay on the phone.

So, she was on the phone with the 911 operator, and the pair decided to come upstairs. I heard her saying "they're coming up stairs" really quickly. Luckily, the police arrived, ironically the same time my dad pulled into the driveway. My dad ran in and hit one of he burglars over the head with the coat rack, although he was advised to stay outside. The two were caught, we were safe, although it was still really scary.

So, where's the funny out of all of this? The burglar m father hit on the head ended up being his X-Wife's father, who keep telling him he hit like a little girl. Looks like he ended up getting the message :D.

Haha that's actually really funny

Mine's more of a funny one

My friends were over my house for my birthday, and were going to sleep over. One of them, my friend Erik, is school-smart, but kinda...dumb when it comes to common thought. Anyway, we have a treadmill in the room that my gamecube is in. (This is way before the Wii). Erik gets on it, starts walking on it, (it's plugged in to the wall which is like 2 ft behind it) and looks at the speed control. He then asks me, "Hey Alex, what's the rabbit do?" and moves the slider all the way to the rabbit. He then got THROWN against the wall in a heartbeat. It was SOO funny to watch

my embarrasing story i guess is that it was the day of final Varsity football home game against our rivals and I was sitting in my
4th hour history listening to the teacher and at the same time rocking back and forth. Now the band kids had already left at the time so no one was sitting next to me. So after a while I was rocking back way too hard I was falling down and yet grabbing the table for dear life. Only problem with that was was that I ended up pulling the table down with me along with my binder and other stuff. I was trapped, got the whole class laughing, and in order to get up I had to have my teacher pull up the table for me.

Back