• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Zelda Sages Stock Exchange

animaldude

Sage in Training
Okay, so I joined this stock exchange game with about 35 friends that go to my high school and I found it to be really fun. You are given an amount of virtual money and you are then free to buy and sell stocks as you please in an attempt to move up the rankings. The rankings are based on the value of your portfolio. So I found the game I'm playing with my friends so fun that I have made one for Zeldasages members to join. You can go over to vse.marketwatch.com and create an account. In order to join the ZS Game join the game, here is the Game ID and Password:
Game ID: ZeldaSages
Password: ZS0523

If you'd like to join please post your username so I can add you to the list of current players. Here is a list of the current players and their ZS username:

animaldude= "StephenMaggio" (Not that that's my actual name or anything)
my brother= "Sandtrap123"
zerg006= zerg006
yoyolll= yoyolll
Ultimalink007= UltimaLink007
Demoncrat7= Demoncrat7
Versac= Versac
windmage= windmage

Just for a little more clarification as to what it is, you will be able to buy shares of any US stock you want and it will go to your portfolio. The game is entirely based on the performance of real life US stocks. You'll want to buy a few different types of stocks of companies but the amount of things you can buy is limited. This is because you can only spend 20,000.00 that you start with. So when you buy stocks everyday monday-friday they will go up and down and the value of your portfolio will go up or down based on the performance of all of your stocks combined. Each stock weigh more to your portfolio based on how many shares of the stock you bought. The person with the highest portfolio value is the person ranked #1. The person with the lowest portfolio value is in last. Ect. I think this is a good enough explanation of how it works. You don't have to buy things between 9:30-4:00 (when the actual stock market is open) because you can place orders and stuff to buy and sell your stocks at any time of the day.

Today the market had a bad day so all the current players did horrible :) I believe I did the worst though meaning I'm in last place :D

So Zerg, why don't you give your first impressions?

I'm not going to because:
  1. I'm bad at economics
  2. Whenever I play a game with stocks in it, I fail utterly.
  3. I don't feel like learning the stock market or have anybody teach me.
So, I'm sorry, but I will not be joining you on this one.

I'm not going to because:
  1. I'm bad at economics
  2. Whenever I play a game with stocks in it, I fail utterly.
  3. I don't feel like learning the stock market or have anybody teach me.
So, I'm sorry, but I will not be joining you on this one.
It's surprisingly fun.

AHA, I'm winning with 0!!!

When you're buying shares, what's the until cancelled option? Cuz that's what I picked for all of them.

Edit:
Oh my god, you've got to be kidding me. -29%?!?! The second lowest player was -1.27%!!!

I hate the stock market...

Actually, I think it was the good till cancelled thing. Since there's no way you can recover from that you should quit out of the game and then rejoin so you can reset your portfolio. I think the "good till cancelled" option messed the price you bought the pharmacutical company. So I suggest quiting, rejoining, and then buying your stocks the "day order" way.

Well this is why I'm never investing in the stock market.

Also, you can't trust the government for ****.

I'm pretty sure that the 'good till canceled' option lets you keep the shares indefinitely. The 'day order' option automatically sells the shares you bought after 24 hours.

In other words, Yoyolll, you just picked bad stocks.

EDIT: w00t! I'm in the lead with a .18% margin!

No, day order is what I do and it doesn't automatically sell your stocks. Also, it says that yoyoll bought his pharmecutical company at 5.75 and it says that the stocks price is now 0.00. This is the only reason he went down 30%. When I checked the actual price of the stock it is actually aaround 5.00 instead. So it had to be the "good till canceled" option...

Ok, you know what? I'm just unsubscribing from this thread, and screw the stock market game.

Good luck, with your fake money, though :)...

Just for a little more clarification as to what it is, you will be able to buy shares of any US stock you want and it will go to your portfolio. The game is entirely based on the performance of real life US stocks. You'll want to buy a few different types of stocks of companies but the amount of things you can buy is limited. This is because you can only spend 20,000.00 that you start with. So when you buy stocks everyday monday-friday they will go up and down and the value of your portfolio will go up or down based on the performance of all of your stocks combined. Each stock weigh more to your portfolio based on how many shares of the stock you bought. The person with the highest portfolio value is the person ranked #1. The person with the lowest portfolio value is in last. Ect. I think this is a good enough explanation of how it works. You don't have to buy things between 9:30-4:00 (when the actual stock market is open) because you can place orders and stuff to buy and sell your stocks at any time of the day.

Today the market had a bad day so all the current players did horrible :) I believe I did the worst though meaning I'm in last place :D

So Zerg, why don't you give your first impressions?
Yah, that should just about sum it up for ya ;)

Back