• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

"We Miss You" emails

Windmage

Co-Webmaster, Co-Conspirator
Recently, I got an email from another forum that I'm apart of. Haven't visited in a few months, and haven't made any posts in more than a few months. The email notified me on my lack of activity and was basically telling me that the website 'missed' my activity and invited me to come back and log on and continue posting.

Maybe this could be a good idea for here, you know? Send out an email to users ever 4-6 months that they aren't active.

Although I seriously doubt that the forum really 'missed' me, it was kind of nice to get an email from them inviting me to come back any time to post. It even asked if I had forgotten my password and provided me with a link to change it.

Just an idea :)

That's actually really easy to setup here. I just need to make an Email macro and set up a weekly cron task.

The only issue I see is with people getting annoyed at it. There are a lot of people who will look at our Email, report it as spam, and blacklist ZS.which is not something we want. That's why we only send out mass mailing sparingly. It's nice to think about though, and may work; I'll bring it up at the next staff meeting.

Back