• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Groups

Which sages do you beleive should be included in the groups system as joinable groups

• Rauru - Sage's of Light

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saria - Sage's of Forest

• Darunia - Sage's of Fire

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Ruto - Sage's of Water

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Impa - Sage's of Shadow

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Nabooru - Sage's of Spirit

• Total voters
I'm telling ya: Sages. This is Zelda SAGES after all. So if we have clans based around the sages, we'll be good.

There is an RPG system which accomplishes this, however it only works with VB 3.5, and I really do not like modifying the database :).

He says the RPG system isn't gonna happen, not that the groups altogether aren't gonna happen. And this is a Zelda site, so you have to expect geeky comments and ideas. And on the Zelda site note, that's why it should be Zelda groups instead of random groups. I mean the RPG forum is based on Zelda stuff.

That sounds like an idea :)

The only issue I see is really on my end. You see, for every group there is I need to create new usergroup in the forum. Now, this will create additional usergroups, which is fine, however our CMS operates off of the VB usergroups. I know that if I do not create a permission scheme for a new usergroup in our CMS, the site permissions will default to guest. This is also fine, as when you are added to a member group, it only counts as a secondary group. However, I have no idea what permissions are overridden in either the forum or the CMS. I'll need to contact both companies to be certain I won't be doing something that will destroy the permissions scheme.

Edit: I've decided to give you guys something to do while I look into these, so, I changed the poll. Read and answer the poll please :). I will probably make up some form of personality exam, depending upon which are chosen hehe.

I see no poll. Or do you mean the homepage one? I'm confused.

EDIT: Ah crud. I didn't realize it was a multi-chose poll. Could you add one to Raru and Nabooru for me?

Hehe... Sorry about that. But I didn't realize it was multi-chose, so could you add one to Raru and Nabooru for me? And this is awesome!

webmasterbob: added :)

How about this: the founders of the groups create the name and the people that want to join take a test that the actual group created? Personality tests never work for me. Ever.

Yea, but who would found them? That's the first point. The second is I think Bob is gonna form them, and then nominate leaders or something. In which case he would name the groups. Plus I personally think that since this is a Zelda site it should stay with Zelda gorup names, so why not have the webmaster name them according to the theme?

I think you do have a point with the way they join, though. I think the groups should have to "recruit" people. How the recruiting system would work, I have no idea, but it is an idea to work with.

Oh, and Bob, you spelled Darunia's name wrong. I think its spelled Darunia anyway. Yup, just Googled it. Don't want a future clan name misspelled! And Rauru is spelled with the extra "u". Sorry, had to point that out.

Fixed those :). I typed the poll in haste, sorry about that hehe.

Yoyolll, to do what you suggest I would have to grant every forum member administrative privileges :). There is a groups system which operates similar to Myspace groups, however it is far more then we truly need.

Vbulletin has group recruiting and management options built in. If someone were to want to join a group, a new option would appear in the usercp titled "Group Memberships". A group leader has the option to manage their group members from this area as well.

So who would be the group leaders? I mean, how would you determine it? Would you chose normal members, or SITs and Sages, or would you have staff be the leaders of the groups?

Hmm ... Group Elections? Creation by Staff? Maybe a new position for a current staff member to organize groups?

Back