• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Whats the Deal?

Windmage

Co-Webmaster, Co-Conspirator
As Dakare pointed out to me in a PM, the forums have been rather dull lately. Whats the reason for this? ALthough i know all forums have low points, this is kind of unhealthy for Zeldasages and its age....What can we do to attract more attention and liven the place up a bit? What is the reason, do you think, for inactivity?

Edit: Haha...even as an Admin I'm not quite sure as to wear this belonged...so I just put it here...If any other person with the ability to move threads thinks this is the wrong place, feel free to move it. This is why I hope a new cowebmaster is chosen soon =]

Like Windmage said, I realized this. I truelly have no idea what's going on. I've tried to post interesting threads to bring back posts, but nobody responds to them. Maybe it's just because it's the end of summer and people are relaxing before school, I'm not too sure.

Yeah.. I always check in but there's nothing to post in. I guess I'm part of the problem because I usually don't care to post... I'll try to post more though...

Also, I think if we can get a chatroom up, and more importantly that spam forum up (which should'nt be too hard) then It'll be a little more lively.

Also what we need is 2-3 members that post as frequently as ultima, slyguy, and I posted towards the end of last year... Like 10 times a day lol

Ahh good times... good times...

What could also be the deal is that not everyone has the time or the access to the INet. Maybe some of us are busy with other things (School, Work, Family...) and some probably just don't really care because nothing really new happens here.

Who knows what the deal is, but we will just have to ALL think of something...

With School coming soon, some might not become as active, but I think a way to fix this is to create some new chat threads for discussion and maybe a few polls just to spark interest.

In the near future, we will be rolling out a chatroom. Several members beta tested the program we will be using, each responding with nothing but positive remarks. However, that chatroom is on a subscription service and, therefore, costs a good deal of money. I have been setting some money aside from my tight budget each month for the chatroom, along with a few other improvements we will be seeing, although if anyone would like to donate anything *which will be guaranteed to go towards site funding* can always contact me.

We will also soon be seeing a new addition to how everyone shares information on the forum, which should prove to be very interesting. That, and we may just have something very interesting coming in early September...and don't forget October, the one year anniversary of the full site launch ;). I can also say that every person I've interviewed for the Co-Webmaster position *four of them* each have very interesting and unique ideas to bring to Zelda Sages. Of course, I have to pick two of them for a round three showdown to the death...although whoever wins will certainly be a great thinker :D.

...and yes, the end of summer people tend to go on last minute vacations, read the summer reading they were supposed to already have finished, etc.

See, this is good. Maybe if you have updates more frequently people will want to keep checking in to see if they've happened yet.

HTML, no, java yes. As a matter of fact, the software we will be using is java based. However, our host disallows the hosting of our own chat server, as it uses far too many system resources. The solution we will be using is a hosted chat solution that will integrate nicely with the member base too ;).

See, this is good. Maybe if you have updates more frequently people will want to keep checking in to see if they've happened yet.

Updates are determined by:
- Bob's money (For stuff like the chatroom)
- Ideas for updates
- The staff working hard and completing things as updates
- Time

I'm sure there's some free stuff out there... But also, Bob could buy a lot of fairly cheap stuff and add them in, like, once a month or something.

No, I mean just telling us what's going on...

oooh- I have a suggestion. Maybe every end of the month you can post a little thing like "Behind the Scenes- November (Or whatever month will be following)" and post something like you did earlier. That would be cool :)

Oh, yeah. I do find it kinda annoying how you keep us all in the dark about stuff you're doing. Maybe if people knew what was coming and knew there were things coming, they might stay around a bit longer...

HTML, no, java yes. As a matter of fact, the software we will be using is java based. However, our host disallows the hosting of our own chat server, as it uses far too many system resources. The solution we will be using is a hosted chat solution that will integrate nicely with the member base too ;).

What if someone could find a website that allowed the use of a chat room hosted by a user, and then use that?... or are you wanting it to be a direct part of Zelda Sages?

(sorry if that's a stupid question)

No, I mean just telling us what's going on...

oooh- I have a suggestion. Maybe every end of the month you can post a little thing like "Behind the Scenes- November (Or whatever month will be following)" and post something like you did earlier. That would be cool :)
Zelda Universe has something titled "Behind the Rubies" where they do very much the same thing. I could do that, although a majoraty of the projects that are considered huge are under wraps *minues the chatroom and game*. One of the new features not revealed to the public as of yet is currently under beta by S.I.T.'s and above.
What if someone could find a website that allowed the use of a chat room hosted by a user, and then use that?... or are you wanting it to be a direct part of Zelda Sages?

(sorry if that's a stupid question)
It would be a direct portion of the Zelda Sages community. Besides, I don't trust the safety and security of every member's private information with some random individual on the web. So, a paid solution backed by an established company is the only way to go on my book. I could simply set up an IRC chatroom, although that would relinquish a great deal of control in addition to being an inconvenience for all of you *having to download mirc*. Don't worry though, that was actually a very good question :).

^Hehehehe... Yeah....

So some ideas to keep people coming back:
  • Update the poll question more often
  • Start a web comic (have it weekly or monthly)
That's my ideas so far.

I think another thing that would improve the site is more members. Members should tell people they know about the site, and hopefully we'll get new members.

Also, for the webcomic idea, I like it, and I'd be glad to help (too bad I can't draw too good).

I should make a forum rule about the use of proper grammar, that would certainly bring in members ;).

I like the comic idea, however there is currently no-one on staff with the ability to drawn, at least very well. I do happen to have two co-webmaster round two individuals who have each proven to have fantastic artistic talent in some form or another, maybe this could be a plus in their corner, *continues to read chat transcripts*.

I have been meaning to change the poll, this one being almost a month old, although I really can not think up another great idea. Maybe it's time to shift the poll more towards the overall set of Nintendo and the industry, rather than just something that could be remotely Zelda related.

Back