• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Extremely Controversial Capitalism or Communism?

Which is better?

• Capitalism

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Communism

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

animaldude

Sage in Training
Which form of society would you prefer to live in?

11674.jpg

Communism is good in theory, but due to the greedy nature of humans, no such society could ever exist.

In the end, reallity has proven that Capitalism is better.

However much I would love to live in an ideal Communist society, it is unlikely that there ever will be one (In my lifetime). Capitalism isn't too bad, there could be a few better changes.

However much I would love to live in an ideal Communist society, it is unlikely that there ever will be one (In my lifetime). Capitalism isn't too bad, there could be a few better changes.
Exactly. But capitalism also allows human nature to become worse and worse. I mean look at the horrific levels of corruption within the US Government!

Communism, although impossible to truely exist because at least one guy will screw it all up, would be perfection, a utopia. So although I never will be able to due to human nature, I would rather live as a commie.

thats what makes it fun. if were in a hippie community, communism works, and it should always work. stop being greedy, you dirty pigs!!!!!
Actually quite true. There have been some isolated communist communities in Ohio have have succeeded quite well until outside pressures caused them to fold. Saying you lived in a commune wasn't particularly popular in the 60's.

That being said, I subscribe to the belief that communism will never appear until science provides us with a techno-utopia, in which case it will arise automatically. Take Star Trek for example - money is used only for luxuries, and basic necessities are provided for free.

List of countries who aren't communist:
Russia
China
Cuba
Any other country ever thought to be communist.

Communism is perfect if you can enforce it without having a government, which is hard yet quite possible.

Actually quite true. There have been some isolated communist communities in Ohio have have succeeded quite well until outside pressures caused them to fold. Saying you lived in a commune wasn't particularly popular in the 60's.
Can you please direct me to where you came upon that information?

I would not want to live in a communist society because i enjoy earning my place in society rather than having nothing to live for.

In the great words of Versac
wikipedian_protester.png

Communism is flawed because a) humans are flawed, b) governments always go corrupt (Rome, France, Britain, Russia, Japan ... the list goes on), and z) all humans do is complain about the flaws, and never do anything about them.

Kinda like right now.

My bad, Ohio was where a comprehensive handgun ban first was implemented. What I was thinking of was the Harmony Society, which was based in Pennsylvania. Thank you for making me cite. :D

wikipedian_protester.png

Communism is flawed because a) humans are flawed, b) governments always go corrupt (Rome, France, Britain, Russia, Japan ... the list goes on), and z) all humans do is complain about the flaws, and never do anything about them.

Kinda like right now.
How many times do I have to say this?

There is no government in communism. No communist nation has ever been set up.

That picture is getting really old.

But communism is a theoretical concept... But I would love for it to work.. Like most people, I used to associate Communism with bad things.. but if you think about it and not immediately shoot down anyone trying to reason, like Ultima and me, you may learn something.

wikipedian_protester.png

Kinda like right now.
I posted that but it got deleted.

My bad, Ohio was where a comprehensive handgun ban first was implemented. What I was thinking of was the Harmony Society, which was based in Pennsylvania. Thank you for making me cite. :D
Wuhh...? I see no mention of "outside pressures causing them to fold"

I did manage to find this under the biography or Robert Owen...
At last, in 1825, such an experiment was attempted under the direction of his disciple, Abram Combe, at Orbiston near Glasgow; and in the next year Owen himself commenced another at New Harmony, Indiana, U.S.A. After a trial of about two years both failed completely.

I posted that but it got deleted.

Wuhh...? I see no mention of "outside pressures causing them to fold"

I did manage to find this under the biography or Robert Owen...
Check again. To summarize: they were forced to become increasingly capitalistic to afford some supplies from the outside U.S., and the surge of wannabe members forced them to close to outside entries, dooming it to slow collapse.

Check again. To summarize: they were forced to become increasingly capitalistic to afford some supplies from the outside U.S., and the surge of wannabe members forced them to close to outside entries, dooming it to slow collapse.

That actually sums of the biggest problems of communism pretty well. There might be a core of people who honestly believe in it as a system and dedicate themselves to it's principles, however, they won't be able to overcome the influence of those who try to exploit them for their own gain, and those who think they want to live like that, but lack the resolve to actually follow through with it.

Back