• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Castle Wolfenstein

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, yeah, Wolfenstein is an amazing game and all but I made this thread for another topic:

Hitler's obsession with the living dead.

Apparently there was some truth (although very very little, like the castle it was based on, Wewelsburg) to the plot of this game. Hitler did have an obsession with the living dead and biotechnology, but I can't find too much information on it.

Anyone have any information or theories?

well, all I know is that he and the Nazis loved Norse mythology and music like Ride of the Valkyrie. So I guess it kinda makes sense that he would love the living dead, since it is in Norse mythology.

well, all I know is that he and the Nazis loved Norse mythology and music like Ride of the Valkyrie. So I guess it kinda makes sense that he would love the living dead, since it is in Norse mythology.
Just no...

Adopting a song because it's epic/awesome does not imply an obsession with a loosely related mythology.

The Natzis did enjoy Norse mythology, according to my dad who teaches at RVCC. so be quiet.
I do not consider parentage to be a sufficient requirement to automatically assume validity by default. Dependant upon the subject matter and position held, however, your father may perhaps be a reliable source. Please elaborate.

there are many things that point out hitler is obsessed with mythology and fairytales and such sings. even the occult. the swastiska was his main symbol and it came from hinduism. the insignia of the SS were ancient nordic runes. And his favorite composer was Richard Wagner, who composed Ride of the Valkyrie. Fairytales like sleeping beauty and beauty and the beast were compared to Hitler and Nazism. They viewed hitler as the prince who was trying to awaken the beauty, germany. another story depicted him as a dragon slayer. at a young age he became interested in the occult and decame friends with many occultists.

there are many things that point out hitler is obsessed with mythology and fairytales and such sings. even the occult. the swastiska was his main symbol and it came from hinduism
The swastika comes from a variety of sources as it proliferated well before 1000 B.C., and has assumed so many meanings as to render any judgement about its meaning null. The U.S. is pretty much the only country with a knee-jerk reaction to the swastika, just about everybody else recognizes it as a generic symbol. In fact...
Taipei_subway_temple_symbol%5B1%5D_new.jpg

the insignia of the SS were ancient nordic runes.
While it is technically Runic, I don't think that was designed to be the intent of:
100px-Flag_Schutzstaffel.svg.png

Perhaps Hitler just thought lightning bolts were cool? Moot point, really, as it just translates to exactly what it looks like - SS.

And his favorite composer was Richard Wagner, who composed Ride of the Valkyrie.
That's because Wagner was good at what he did and RotV is a pretty awesome song.

Fairytales like sleeping beauty and beauty and the beast were compared to Hitler and Nazism. They viewed hitler as the prince who was trying to awaken the beauty, germany. another story depicted him as a dragon slayer.
If anyone 'awoke' Germany it was Kaiser Willhelm. Hitler merely rebuilt Germany and tried again. Throw in the fact that Sleeping Beauty was popularized by Walt Diseny in 1959, and Beauty and the Beast in 1991.

at a young age he became interested in the occult and decame friends with many occultists.
wikipedian_protester.png

He got the swastika from the hindus because he believed that they were the first aryans.

and the the SS symbol is actually 2 of the same runes. it is called sowelu and means wholeness.

and the disney films of the fairy tales came out much later, but stories were around before hitler was.

He got the swastika from the hindus because he believed that they were the first aryans.

and the the SS symbol is actually 2 of the same runes. it is called sowelu and means wholeness.

and the disney films of the fairy tales came out much later, but stories were around before hitler was.
Uh... he got the term 'aryans' from the, well, aryans, who were a group that conquored much of northern India. Of course he's going to use the swastika.

But that's not the context in which it was being used. It was intended to simply be "SS".

But they were vague/obscure/fallacious in context.

Uh... he got the term 'aryans' from the, well, aryans, who were a group that conquored much of northern India. Of course he's going to use the swastika.

But that's not the context in which it was being used. It was intended to simply be "SS".

But they were vague/obscure/fallacious in context.

You're almost right... The Swastika comes from multiple sources, as previously said, but it is mostly from the Hindus. If you tilt it a little so that it stands on one of its corners, it means "peace" in a language I can't remember.. Hitler was like, "WHOOOOAAA baby, make a mockery of it!!!"

Also on the subject of Hitler, apparently when his son was born he said, "hotzi tahtzi, another NAZI!!!!"

By the way, this is off-topic by far, make it go back on topic or make a new thread that concerns Hitler...

This thread is about Hitler and his obsession with necroexperimentation and paranormal activity. I hate it when people say threads are off topic.

Back