• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Election Day

I want to say that it isn't just liberals. Republicans create propaganda, too. And I don't think it's nice of any of them because the children are growing and their brains are developing. It's scary to think that a silly childrens' book could whet a future proclivity of choosing whichever political party. When you think about it, it's sad that they start it this early. It reminds me of the conditioning process of this book I read and hated. Only, there aren't any spooky recordings or electricity or sirens.

THEY'RE TURNING POLITICIANS INTO BOB THE BUILDER (Hey, they've already got Joe the Plumber, right?)

You see, I love it how in that photo the mouse can be seen with a cleaning broom and McCain's lovely "No We Can't" red flag. He said nothing of the sort...but this is how the liberal publishers brainwash our children! :D :D :D

Yea, that's why it's sick, propaganda.
Well, there was that one "You can't do it, my friend!", but I'll agree that taking that out of the context of cabbage harvesting would be dishonest. I don't know about his friends, but I certainly can pick a cabbage! The Man is trying to hold me down! VEGETABLE FREEDOM! VOTE FICUS '12!!

...I think I might have gotten a little carried away there.

I agree with Ides here, I once saw a video on youtube about that one Korean guy who shot up the college in Virginia and underneath at the comments some guy put down:

"This guy is a liberal. Obama supports liberals. Do you want a president who supports shootings? No? Then vote McCain '08"

Propaganda is all over and I'd say because of religion and the Bush administration there is more republican propaganda than democrat.

I agree with Ides here, I once saw a video on youtube about that one Korean guy who shot up the college in Virginia and underneath at the comments some guy put down:

"This guy is a liberal. Obama supports liberals. Do you want a president who supports shootings? No? Then vote McCain '08"

Propaganda is all over and I'd say because of religion and the Bush administration there is more republican propaganda than democrat.
I've never seen that particular ad, but counting the amount of propaganda on the internet is akin to trying to count the ratio of men to women in the world. it should be about the same, but more keep being made on each side so flippin' fast that you just can't be sure. 527s will be the death of us all.

527s? Ok, sure...
But seriously. With so much propaganda, how will anyone ever truly be able to speak their mind? I mean, speak their actual mind-- if it keeps getting clouded by all of these wild political suggestions?

527s? Ok, sure...
But seriously. With so much propaganda, how will anyone ever truly be able to speak their mind? I mean, speak their actual mind-- if it keeps getting clouded by all of these wild political suggestions?
The McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform bill has a loophole that allows organizations to exploit article 527 of the federal tax code (hence the name) to use an unlimited amount of money for political messages. Normally candidates are limited to spending certain amounts in certain areas, but 527s technically aren't part of the campaign and thus can get away with anything. That's why you see the really controversial ads coming from groups with overly inflated patriotic-sounding names. The Republican Coalition for Truth (which ironically was none of those things), being one that sticks in my mind, was officially denounced by McCain as being devicive, but still advertised on his behalf throughout '08.

I usually don't even bother participating in political disscusions anymore because everything has been so corrupted. I consider myself to be an independant and I think both the liberal and conservative sides are corrupt beyond repair. I have to say the media in general tends to gravitate much more towards the liberal side of things. Well maybe not... But the vast majority of major (better word might be popular) news networks and such are liberal. I guess I'm probably lucky because I get to hear both sides, conservative from my family and liberal from everyone else.

Back