• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Favorite Zelda Game

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I realize that this is in everybody's profile, but I want to know why you like the Zelda game that you stated.

For me, it's Majora's Mask. I like it because there's this mystery about it, because it is a game built around mystery, and because I have not heard of many people hacking it to find out any secrets. It was also a great game: good story, slightly better graphics than OoT, and a very in depth world.

Majora's Mask was previously my favorite prior to Twilight Princess, however I will say TP wins out in my mind only by the smallest fraction of a point. The beauty of Majora's Mask was that although the world was small, everything in the world had a purpose. Every character, every location, and ever scene each had a very specific scripted purpose for being there. In addition, you can see huge character evolution throughout the three day cycle, coupled with the ability to time travel allows you to see separate outcomes.

For me, Twilight Princess wins out mainly as is satisfied a number of gripes I have had with prior games. Really, the reason it won me over was due to the games length and exploration scripting. Although, I would just like to mention that Majora's Mask, like for many OOT, will always hold that special place in my gaming heart reserved for that one game that made you say "WOW" for the first time :).

Yea, I agree with that. At first I thought it would be lame compared to OoT, but then I decided to buy it a few years after the Game Cube had been out, mainly because I wanted to play a new Zelda game. I was extremely surprised when I got into it.

yeah i love majora's mask i bought it 2 days after it came out and i loved it it gave me the chills at some points and the gibo's in ikana kanyon were just creepy and i loved the games story but most people didnt like majora's mask as much

second comes ocarina of time ;)

Next to Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess was my most favorite. It's really a struggle between OoT and TP. I really don't know which one to choose. However, nonetheless, favoring one game didn't stop me from becoming the best Zelda Player... I have memorized all the games, and soon I will memorize Phantom Hourglass.

My third favorite game would be either Majora's Mask or Legend of Zelda 1986.

Outside of Link's Awakening, which I was essentially raised on, WW has got to be my favorite. I really wanted to like TP, but they seriously screwed up my favorite part of any game: sidequests! TP's main story was around 30-50 hours long, but only had 5-10 hours of sidequests (and most of them were pretty boring. Collect all the _____s is rarely fun more than once). That's a pretty horrible ratio. Windwaker was around 1:3 quest to sidequest, and one of my absolute favorite games of all time, Final Fantasty Tactics Advance, was nearly 1:23!

Back