• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Final Fantasy

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Here's an attempt at reviving the boards...

What's your favorite Final Fantasy title? It could be anything from the main series to spin-offs, to sequels, or an combination.

For me, I have two favs. First is Final Fantasy IV and it's sequel. The other is the Crystal Chronicles spin-off series. I can't quiet explain why I like them, but those are my favorites.

Here's an attempt at reviving the boards...

I've always wanted to play the original Final Fantasy Tactics, which I've heard is absolutely amazing and probably the best of the series. The best of what I've played is probably VII, but I really haven't played too much of the series overall. I still need to play I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XIII, Tactics, Tactics Advance, and any of the Crystal Chronicles or other spinoffs. XII is really meh, I loved the battle system, but I loathed other things like the license board. I had the drive to try and get all the Espers, but when I got to starting Chaos, I pretty much said "**** this, the sidequest to get to him will take forever," and haven't played since.

For anyone else with this game, don't go after Ultima or Zodiark. Ultima isn't worth the trouble of finding your way through that ******* crystal maze, just to fight her, and walk all the way back through the maze because the save point at the top isn't a warp one. Zodiark is a bitch to get to, not because of the Henne Mines, but because of the guys you fight or run away from to get to him. They quickly gang up on you in tons and start raping your party with death and high damage spells. I think that turned a possible 3 minute trip from a save to Zodiark into at least an hour from all of the healing and reviving. Then the fight is just obnoxious. Since I followed this infinite spawn guide and was able to get my party to 99 by leaving the PS2 on for a day, I dealt damage quickly until his health bar was next to empty. He then threw up this super shield that you can't do damage to him until the game takes it down. It goes down a few times, but since the computer is a cheating bastard, the shield comes back up before even my fastest character WITH A HASTE BOOST can attack. This lasted about three hours. I only put up with it because I truly and honestly have nothing better to do. My biggest hope is that I never get bored enough to go fight Yiazmat (50.1 Million HP = long, long, long fight). =/

So yeah, for anyone who doesn't have or hasn't played XII, don't get it. Not even Basch and Balthier can make the huge amount of bullshit in all of the sidequests fun.

I was nice because you got to pick what your party would be. Never played II, but it started the trend of "we pick it for you". III had the class system, but that was too confusing. Never played V and VI. VII was okay, I personally thought it was hyped too much and that one thing at the end of disc one was just retarded. From there, I haven't played the rest of the main series. Most of the CC stuff I have played, but other than that nothing.

Out of the Nintendo Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy VI for certain! I really haven't played an FF game that was able to throw as much emotion and choas into a single game as did FF VI, and that includes FF VII. Kefka will live on as one of my favorite villains ever!

I really like the first Final Fantasy game; maybe I'm just a little off like that. My Dad has a NES I used to play, and it was one of the first games I ever played. Maybe it's just that nostalgia attachment or something like that.

I've played Final Fantasies I-V, X, X-2, XII, and XII: Revenant Wings, Tactics Advance and Tactics A2: Grimorie of the Rift.
Out of those, my favourite is most definitely IV because of Rydia, the summoner :D I went out and got all the espers cause it was worth it! I never got into X-2 or XII: Revenant Wings though.. FFI and FFII were also amazing!
And Ultima, I would lend you Tactics Advance, but my friend stole it and LOST ITTTTT X...X

I hate Final Fantasy. i've tried about every single one and I don't understand how people can love the game so much. It's boring, like most turn based games.

Anyway, enjoy your pitiful conversation.

Yoyolll, I think you should try one of the CC games. They're not turnbased, its more like Zelda but with leveling up and buying different stuff.

And teddy, Rydia is pretty bamf.

i havent played many of the FF games, but i really enjoyed FF1 in dawn of souls. im gonna get it on the NES cause its much harder.

I've been playing IV a lot here lately. Such an amazing game. Kinda gettin' bored of it right now because of the grinding involved to get the summons. So now I'm debating on whether it's worth the work to get my copy of VII working on my laptop.

Back