• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Florida may issue Jesus license plates

Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions or prefer one religion over another

I don't think religious license plates convert that many people. Especially not when they're driving.

No tax in any amount, large or small, can be levied to support any religious activities or institutions, whatever they may be called, or whatever form they may adopt to teach or practice religion.

A license plate cannot teach or practice a religion.

The word "aid" can be interperated in different ways. One may say that allowing pictures of religious symbols on license plates is aiding religion, while others may say it's aiding freedom of expression. I cannot see how a religious license plate is gonna get anyone to convert to said religion. So, therefore, it is not aiding them.

A license plate with Jesus on it is a Christian advertisement which is being paid for by the government. It would be the same as putting up a billboard with Jesus on it. The government CANNOT advertise religion.

Am I the only only one who finds it slightly humorous that below the picture of Jesus being crucified, in happy yellow letters it says "Sunshine State"?

Back