• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The last two books were rushed, and in comparison to as good as they probably could have been, utter failure. Movie 3 disappointed me so much that I refused to see 4 or 5. So in other words, I must say that I do not care at all.

It's weird but I've seen all the movies. I mean I can't say I liked them but I have seen every one so far. Let's see, I've seen 1, 2, and 5 (this one was by accident, believe it or not) in theatres and 3 and 4 thanks to the library and my sister's friend. I'll probably end up seeing the 6th one way or another.

Aw, I'm kinda sad that there aren't more HP lovers on this site. Is it that Zelda came and was overshadowed by Harry and so all of you are sore about it and don't want to have anything to do with the cool dude with the lightning bolt scar and the glasses?

Yes, I agree with you. And number three... well, let's say that that director had no idea how movies are supposed to end!

I don't Know, I loved the books, but honestly, i feel like the movies have been such a let down. I though the first 2 were prettty good, but once they got the new director, i was kind of like blahhh. i definately liked chris Columbus better. :)

Yeah, I agree with K. Did anyone else notice that Dobby seems to have been replaced with Neville? Think about it! In the movies, Neville ends up doing whatever Dobby does in the books. For instance, in book 4, Dobby gives Harry the gillyweed but in the movie Neville does it!!! And in the 5th book, Dobby tells Harry about the room of requirement! In the move, it's Neville!! WHAT THE HECK! Watch, I bet somehow in the next 2 movies Neville is going to discover Draco Malfoy using the room of requirement and later he's going to save a bunch of people from a cage in a basement and die doing it. I guess then Dobby could reappear just to stab the snake.

Number five was my favorite book in the series, but the movie was horrible comparitively. I saw it in Imax. Ugh. Such a depressing topic...

The 6th film actually looks really promising, but I guess it remains to be seen whether or not Yates can really step up to the plate.
Example:
When Sirius died in the 5th book I felt really depressed...when he died in the movie I said to myself "wait...wha?..."

Dumbledore's death better be so depressing it makes the entire theatre cry!

Either way, someone somewhere is going to yell "OMG SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE!" and that person will most likely be me.

Seriously the movie should start out with "Spoiler warning! Snape kills Dumbledore"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That would be absolutely amazing!

*Harry: "Nooooooooooooooooo!"
Alex: 'OMG! Snape killed Dumbledore!"
Someone: "NOOO! that ***** that *****!"

:D :D :D

Well, if you ask me, the information concerning Dumbledore's death has circulated rather widely since the publication of the sixth book. I doubt that this will come as a surprise to anyone seeing the movie as they all had BETTER HAVE READ THE BOOK! And no one will react with shock and tears to Dumbledore's death, even if they haven't read the books because if they haven't read the books they are not a true fan and therefore will not get the least bit emotional. And if they do, I proclaim that they do not have that right!

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (KEWL!)

This movie better be good!!!!! Or i'm gonna find Rupert Grint and bite his head off for bad actin'!!!!!!_O

well that's a little harsh. I wouldn't blame the actors, just the director or the writer or whoever it is who leaves all the good stuff out of the movies and adds things that didn't happen. seriously!! If they're going to add all that stuff, they should have just kept what was there!!

Yeah! Just got back from the movie, and it was actually decent/good!

I have just one qualm, however.
HOW do you have the funeral for Aragog, but cut out the funeral for Dumbledore?

Sorry, I didn't know if that qualified as a spoiler. So just to be safe...

I think everyone knows by now that Snape killed Dumbledore, it should be fine. From what I've heard from people, it tries to use humor to fill in plot holes (Kinda hard to fit all that book into 2-3 hours, neh? I find it funny that they're too stupid to make more parts, that's smarter by both getting more actual story and more profit at the same time.). It supposedly succeeded at parts, failed at others, and would have been better if idiots didn't laugh at unfunny things in the theatres...

Looks like another "Lol screw that" for me unless by some magical chance I get invited to see it and can actually go.

Back