• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Hylian or Hyrulian

What is better, Hylian or Hyrulian?

• Hylian

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Hyrulian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Just as the title asks, which do you think Nintendo should stick with. In my opinion they should stick with Hylian because it sounds better and it was what they originally had in Ocarina of Time. Hyrulian takes too much time to say and sounds as akward as... well something I shouldn't say.

So post what you think and if a mod could put a poll up that would be great.

I agree.

Saying 'Hylian' is alot smooter than saying 'Hyrulian'. To test this for yourself, actually speak it. Hylian also sounds better too ^_^

*made into a poll :D*

The only thing I've heard connecting Hylia to Hyrule, is the Lake Hylia. I think that Hylia is a section of Hyrule, but saying Hylians just sounds better than Hyrulians....I don't know, so correct me if I'm wrong................

My theory, Hyrule, Termina, Holodrum, Labrynna and all the other lands are all just Nations, and Hylia is the name of the World.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking....
thanks for putting it into words sly :D

but wait, should Terminia be left out in this because it is a paralell *sorry spelling* universe?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking....
thanks for putting it into words sly :D

but wait, should Terminia be left out in this because it is a paralell *sorry spelling* universe?
Yeah, Ok, you know what I meant. Fine Termina can be a parallel dimension ... maybe like the Dark World in TP.

Hylian is a species, like the Gorons, Zoras, Ritos, etc. The reason it is called the Hylian Shield is because Hylians are the ones who make and use them. Hyrulian simply refers to anybody who lives in the kingdom of Hyrule, which is most of the world in OoT. The humanish people in OoT are both Hylian and Hyrulian; the Gorons in Oot are Hyrulian but not Hylian; the humanish people in WW are Hylian but not Hyrulian. That being said, I do prefer the word Hylian to Hyrulian.

Hylian is a species, like the Gorons, Zoras, Ritos, etc. The reason it is called the Hylian Shield is because Hylians are the ones who make and use them. Hyrulian simply refers to anybody who lives in the kingdom of Hyrule, which is most of the world in OoT. The humanish people in OoT are both Hylian and Hyrulian; the Gorons in Oot are Hyrulian but not Hylian; the humanish people in WW are Hylian but not Hyrulian. That being said, I do prefer the word Hylian to Hyrulian.
ALL HAIL TO THE GENIUS VERSAC!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
You FOOL! You actually believed the Deciver! Wait a minute, I was telling the truth. ****. Ah, well, it's mostly right, except the Gorons and Zora were never technically part of Hyrule, they were just allies. Close enough, I guess.

Well, Zora's live around Hyrule, in the Seas of Hyrule, so they are technically not Hyrulians, but the Gorons live in the mountains of Hyrule, so they are, in my opinion, Hyrulians.

But in OoT they do live in Hyrule so i think they are hyrulians

exept the evil ones from the original LoZ unless you refer to them as Zolas and in that case they are an entirely different race........i gues...........
ive gone and confused myself......

Yhea, they were in fact Zoras. You do meet a nice one in Link's Awakening though. He's invisible which explains why he can't convince the other Zoras to keep from killing random people. What I don't understand is that why do they lose the ablility to shoot fireballs? I guess Zoras must have a high mutation rate, which would explain how they became Ritos so quickly.

1. Thanks to WindMage for turning it into a poll.
  2. Versac, that does make sense but my thing is with FSA they say it is the Hyrulian adventure when Link is Hylian.
  3. (Off topic) I still don't see how the Rito came from the Zoras in a SEA WORLD. It would have made more sense for them to just become salt-water based.

Windmage: "ur welcome :D''

Yeah they do seem to change which suports the rito theory.

but i wonder how they lost posession of Nayru's pearl *remember, blue is associated with wisdom and water in the series* and ended up with Din's pearl which was most likely held by the Gorons at one point.

Maybe the old death mountain became Dragon roost.....i mean look at a map of the great sea and the great sea....they are in simmilar locations....lol

there could be a whole thread devoted to Zelda Evolution lol

Those are river zora's and they use Magic to create the Fireballs (much like Din's Fire)

They became good. And they had to go from fresh water to salt water. That would kill them pretty darn quickly. I know what you're saying about FSA, but we just don't like to talk about it, kinda like that time Superman got cancer and died, but got better. Inconsistancies like that make fans cry.

Back