• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Hylian or Hyrulian

What is better, Hylian or Hyrulian?

• Hylian

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Hyrulian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forgive me if I am being stoopid, but are Gerudo technically Hylians, or do they live in some other country?

Gerudos and Hylians are two seperate races since the Gerudos only produce females (and one male every hundred or so years).

Gerudo are neither Hylian or Hyrulian. They are not the same species, and they don't acknowledge the authority of Hyrule. People who live in Hyrule are called Hyrulians. Hyrulian is a nationality, Hylian is a species.

Gerudo are neither Hylian or Hyrulian. They are not the same species, and they don't acknowledge the authority of Hyrule. People who live in Hyrule are called Hyrulians. Hyrulian is a nationality, Hylian is a species.

Thank You! Finally an answer that makes sense. See a person can be both. However let it be known that not everyone in Hyrule is Hylian, only the ones with pointed ears. Anyway I believe that the Gerudo desert is technicaly part of the Hyrule Kingdom. It's just that the Gerudos don't want to be ruled by the king and so rebel against him by being thieves.

Anyway, Slyguy, the Minish live everywhere, you just can't see them unless you're a kid. They originally came from the Minish world, possibly another alternate universe invisibly linked to Hyrule.

Lake Hylia gets to be named after the Hylian species, like the Zora have Zora's Domain, the Gerudeo have Gerudeo Desert, and the Goron(s?) have... Death Mountain?

Back