• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

I wanna be the guy!

OBVIOUSLY the unfair platformer is easier. IWBTG is purely sadistic.

Good News:
- Dracula has been defeated
- I know where to go

Bad News:
- I f***cking hate the room with the Snifit and Bullet Bills
- I have only made it through 4 times. Two of them I was killed in Tetris, the other two crashed as I entered Tetris
- Kirby area's gonna be a b*tch
- I'm wrong about my kills. Since it only just now changed to 151, I believe that there may be 1 or 2 extra zeroes...
- I just played a bunch of joke matches (they were for me...) with Zerg where he actually tried using his good characters (Until like Meta Knight...), so he utterly owned me, so I'm more depressed... Not good for playing this...
- 5 flipping bosses to go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xd21u3UDE&feature=related#

The funniest guide for IWBTG in my opinion...

Oh well, I lied. I keep running back to it. The how do you get through the room with the Bullet Bills? I can't clear the spikes.

Tetris turned out easier than I thought it would be... Wall-jumping is gonna take a while to get used to... 0_o

Anyway, I have my sanity back. The moral of the story is not to play IWBTG in large amounts, or without having more than enough sleep. Because being tired + IWBTG = NOT FUN. :D

Anyway, I have my sanity back. The moral of the story is not to play IWBTG in large amounts, or without having more than enough sleep. Because being tired + IWBTG = NOT FUN. :D

As in one of the things making Impossible Mode harder is also the fact that you can't really take any breaks.

I just started playing today. About 5 minutes in, I was ready to kill anything remotely close to a cherry.

I have defeated the first six bosses, the mine cart ride, and the demon dragon, and I am now in the hall of former The Guys. After plummeting into the depths of insanity, I have reemerged in a state of mind far more clear than anything I have experienced before. The game has made me stronger, but my metamorphosis is not yet complete. One final obstacle lies in my way

The path is clear, my spirit is strong, my mind is ready. I will be The Guy!

I have beat kraidgleif by unintentionally using the glitch (but used a back-up file to go back and do it properly) and am now on the First Guy (you have to be pretty far in the game to understand that; here's a hint: BOWSER).

I had just beat Mike Tyson and what do ya know?

Some asshole (who shall remain anonymous) deleted MY ENTIRE IWBTG GAME!

In other words, I'm extremely angry.

I hate to be the guy (pun intended) to tell everyone this, but ...

IT'S JUST THE BETA VERSION!
Meaning the real thing will probably be about ...
800,000,000 TIMES HARDER!

I hate to be the guy (pun intended) to tell everyone this, but ...

IT'S JUST THE BETA VERSION!
Meaning the real thing will probably be about ...
800,000,000 TIMES HARDER!
Not really. He'll only really be removing glitches like the spikes in the bullet bill room (They stay down if you make it to the Tetris room and die in the FS version), or the invincibility one where you walk offscreen after beating the dragon. Or glitches that work against players, like falling through blocks to your death like in the factory area...>_> Also, I think he knows that he made it sadistic enough, which is why he added *see next part* as an extra kick in wherever you think hurts you the most. ;)

Also, there's secret items that allow you do do stuff, I heard after they're all collected, and you beat the new "Boss Rush" mode in under 1/2 an hour. UltraJMan shows this. Well, GETTING the items anyway. The last one took him I think 7 videos to get, so he put in the sound for a few over a Punchout hack he played.

ANYWAY. I'm at the crossroad savepoint where you choose to go to Tourian or to the Koopa Klown Kar. I hate dodging spikes while falling... Then I get to dodge Spaghettioes :D
EDIT: I went my personal easier way and killed the Koopa Klown Kar. Now I have to go around the freaking game to get back to fight through Tourian. :D Now to get past this stupid room right after the fight...

EDIT 2: In Tourian. Hate Spaghettios. and laezorz.

VICTORY!!!

Playtime 20:23:10
Deaths: 5945
Bosses Defeated: Mike Tyson, Mecha Birdo, Dracula, Kraidgief, Bowser Wart and Wiley, Mother Brain, Devil Dragon, and The (former) Guy

It has been an incredible journey. At the start the difficulty seemed to be at a point that I could never overcome. After starting to learn how the game worked, and learned that apples could fall up, I defeated Mike Tyson and Mecha Birdo. I then made it to Dracula, who killed me hundreds of times. In the process, I came to the brink of giving up, and began to believe that I would never beat this game. My sanity dropped to dangerously low levels, but I eventually overcame Dracula, and continued forward. After making it through the spike chase, and killing Kraidgief, I began to feel an incredible sense confidence and power. My sanity soared to levels I had never known, and in a seeming invincible charge, I took out Bowser, Wart, and Wiley, and then Mother Brain. With the path to The Guy's Fortress open, I continued onward and bested the minecart section and the Devil Dragon using a level of skill I never knew I could possess.

As I began to make my way through the fortress of The Guy, anxiety began to build. While the sections here were as hard as you would expect from the final area of I wanna be The Guy, and required complete concentration and precision, my thoughts were still preoccupied with the looming specter of the coming conflict with The Guy. I finally made it to him, and began an epic duel of ridiculous difficulty. With practice and persistence, I learend how to defeat his phases one by one, eventually making it to the sixth and final phase. While nothing revolutionarily new was added during this phase, the combination of elements formed a brick wall which halted me in my tracks. I began experiencing flashbacks of Dracula, and wondering once again if this final obstacle was too much, and that I might never beat the game. However, I continued and finally struck the final blow to his final form miliseconds before I was killed by an incoming fireball.

This game has taken me from the lowest depths to the highest hights of emotion, and after dodging the last apple I only have this left to say:

I AM THE GUY!

Still stuck in Tourian. Haven't played too much outside of bits and pieces in school, but it's getting better and better...

VICTORY!!!

Bosses Defeated: Mike Tyson, Mecha Birdo, Dracula, Kraidgief, Bowser Wart and Wiley, Mother Brain, Devil Dragon, and The (former) Guy

It has been an incredible journey. At the start the difficulty seemed to be at a point that I could never overcome. After starting to learn how the game worked, and learned that apples could fall up, I defeated Mike Tyson and Mecha Birdo. I then made it to Dracula, who killed me hundreds of times. In the process, I came to the brink of giving up, and began to believe that I would never beat this game. My sanity dropped to dangerously low levels, but I eventually overcame Dracula, and continued forward. After making it through the spike chase, and killing Kraidgief, I began to feel an incredible sense confidence and power. My sanity soared to levels I had never known, and in a seeming invincible charge, I took out Bowser, Wart, and Wiley, and then Mother Brain. With the path to The Guy's Fortress open, I continued onward and bested the minecart section and the Devil Dragon using a level of skill I never knew I could possess.

As I began to make my way through the fortress of The Guy, anxiety began to build. While the sections here were as hard as you would expect from the final area of I wanna be The Guy, and required complete concentration and precision, my thoughts were still preoccupied with the looming specter of the coming conflict with The Guy. I finally made it to him, and began an epic duel of ridiculous difficulty. With practice and persistence, I learend how to defeat his phases one by one, eventually making it to the sixth and final phase. While nothing revolutionarily new was added during this phase, the combination of elements formed a brick wall which halted me in my tracks. I began experiencing flashbacks of Dracula, and wondering once again if this final obstacle was too much, and that I might never beat the game. However, I continued and finally struck the final blow to his final form miliseconds before I was killed by an incoming fireball.

This game has taken me from the lowest depths to the highest hights of emotion, and after dodging the last apple I only have this left to say:

I AM THE GUY!
Yay! You know what you get?: A winner is you!

VICTORY!!!

I AM THE GUY!

Congradulations. Would you like a cookie?

For anyone else, I would say "Then GO GET ONE," but since you beat the Guy:
super_mario_cookie.jpg

Back