• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Mario Kart: Double Dash

Slyguy46

Subtle as a Ninja Pirate!
Mario Kart for the GCN, heres a review.

Sound: 9.5 - A great variety of sounds, but could use a little less repitition than playing it every time you go on a course.

Voice Acting: 8 - The only real voice acting is when they move up a position in the race or when you switch characters, so it did not use the GameCubes power to the fullest extent, in my opinion.

Graphics: 9.5 - The graphics were an update to the graphics from Mario Kart 64, and they added a lot of good qualities, like the cars overall look and the course design. Great Job.

Gameplay: 10 - The gameplay was a tribute to a mix of old and new, by having the controls being very intuitive and easy and having the game play out to the formula that started this series, pure, unaltered INSANITY! The game adds a new feature by having you take control of two characters at once, thus determining your special powers, weight class of car and power of meleeing other cars in spitting distance. Great job!

Story: N/A - Really doesn't have a story, just want's you to race again and again and again.

Overall: 10 - Chances are, if you own a GameCube, you already have this game. But if your new on the scene, just got a Wii without ever getting the GCN or just didn't know about it, this is a must have.

I wanted to get this the other day at gamestop but they didn't have a copy so i got metroid prime instead. It was only 3 dollars though :D

Wow. Well, I recomend that game and this game to any new Wii, non GCN owner, along with Viewtiful Joe (or Viewtiful Joe 2), Melee, and F-Zero GX.

Though I have played all of the above games including MC: DD, I regret I must say that Melee is the only one I own... Yes, I know I am indeed a blasphemer and must be burned at the stake. Other than that, what I have played of DD was extremely entertaining, and it seems to be a promising game if I ever actually get it...

P.S. Metroid Prime is an awsome game that is fun, but not too easy. Hard mode, however, is brutal due to you taking 1.5x the damage and dealing about .75. For the non-math inclined, that's about 2X the difficulty.

OK, back on topic. MK: DD is immensly fun and, like all MK games, great to play over time and with a friend. Too bad it didn't have online. Hint-Hint, Wii MK game Wink-Wink.

Hmmmm.... A Wi-Fi MK game.... oh! I know! They could make this cool collection of tracks and throw in some new ones, and you could race them at different speeds! And they could call it Mario Kart DS! But seriously, if you want Wi-Fi MK just play the DS version.

Hmmmm.... A Wi-Fi MK game.... oh! I know! They could make this cool collection of tracks and throw in some new ones, and you could race them at different speeds! And they could call it Mario Kart DS! But seriously, if you want Wi-Fi MK just play the DS version.
No, im talking about playing it like Exite Truck on the Wii, with the controller as a steering wheel.

That's never really been Nintendo's style with the MK games. The point isn't for it to be a driving simulator. The game purposefully lacks realism where it would degrade the fun.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh that's a great idea! Maybe they even have it in development.......if not then they should get one in development post-haste!!!

Well, In MK: DS, I am really good at battle mode. I consider myself to be an assasin in DS.

Oh, Lol I Love that mode. Do they have the same thing in Double Dash? That would be cool. I don't pawn at battle mode but i dfeintly don't suck.

Oh, Lol I Love that mode. Do they have the same thing in Double Dash? That would be cool. I don't pawn at battle mode but i dfeintly don't suck.
There is a battle mode, but is not as in depth as the BM's from 64 and DS, as you still have to use the two character combo's.

Please Remember to stay on the topic of this particular MK game.

P.S. I like the DS one too.

Back on topic, what are the general opinions on special attacks? I love the humongous shell launched by Bower. :cool:

Yeah, the weird part of Battle is that each character can use all of the special attacks.

That is very odd indeed. Mario shouldn't get to use, say, DK's attack! It's just not right!

In DS, I assassinate the assassins, On GCN, I am feared in any mode,I have unlocked the parade kart.............Who am I?

UltimaLink007

My favorite special................It would have to be..........................the GOLDEN MUSHROOM!!!!! It's just fun to use........yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh.....I think I'll have some "quality Time" with my Mario Kart since I've been banned from any computer (except at school), orrrrrrrrrrrrr I can try and beat the d*** paraskevi in TC: UtK.....

What is your best DD team? Mine is the fearsome.................destructive.......devastating.............

TEAM OF BABY MARIO AND TOADETTE!!!!!!!

Back