• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

New Master Sword replica!

Some of you may remember when I posted a picture of a Master Sword replica I owned. Well, it broke a while back. The tang was stripped out of the pommel and the whole thing was henceforth held together with gorilla glue and a prayer. Recently, I was searching eBay as I usually do when I saw a new listing for an accurate Master Sword from Twilight Princess. Intrigued by the small thumbnail, I clicked on the listing. I was in awe. Yes, it wasn't accurate for Twilight Princess, in fact it was more like the Ocarina of Time version, but I knew it was a helluva lot better than the broken one. So, obviously, I ordered it. Immediately I noticed the differences between the old and the new: The pommel on the old one was a rounded square in profile rather than the teardrop of the real sword, and the new one replicated that perfectly; The handle of the old one was covered in leather while the new one was made of some kind of cast poly-resin(tough stuff from what I'm told) and closely matched the OoT MS handle; The guard on the old one was flat and had very sharp angles, but the new one has a spot on guard with the one from OoT; Right above the guard is the one thing that's definitely TP, not OoT, and that's the area on the sword that basically locks the blade in place; The blade on the old one was slightly unstable, way too thin, sharpened wrong, and had a fuller down the center, but the new one's blade is solid, thick, "sharpened" accurately, and no fuller. The new Master Sword feels AWESOME when swung, but it's fairly hefty because of the amount of metal in the blade. Plus, it comes with a nifty hard-wood scabbard. All in all, a purchase that was well worth the money. Now for that Hylian Shield...

Picture! This picture is of the three main swords I own. From right to left: Aragorn's Anduril from the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King; The Master Sword(DUH!); and Ichigo Kurosaki's Zangetsu from the anime Bleach.

l_437966acdb702b8337204bc1ef94c33f.jpg

I agree, awesome swords. All you need is the Buster Sword!

And good question. I don't know who zg is. Unless it's short for Zerg, but I never heard him refered to as zg...

I agree, awesome swords. All you need is the Buster Sword!

And good question. I don't know who zg is. Unless it's short for Zerg, but I never heard him refered to as zg...

Yes yes everytime you speak ZG I shall send my zerg minions to maul your puny human soldiers *that are holding master sword replicas* and we shall eradicate all life in the universe! LIVE FOR THE SWARM!

We all know who ZG is... It's ZeldaGuardian. Duh... Although, I wouldn't think Dakare would care what ZG meant, just as long as it wasn't ZeldaGuardian. Right, Dakare?? And, no, ZG does not stand for Zerg, or Zerglings, or nothing of the sort.

Versac: The balance point is right above the Triforce inscription on the blade, so it's not 100% perfectly balanced. But it does have a pretty good weight to it, but it wouldn't be for dueling or battle of any kind, purely for show, because the blade is stainless steel after all, and it's not good for fighting. Plus, it's not all that sharp.

Okay, you guys are a bit off in the size of the Zangetsu. The sword in the anime is slightly shorter than Ichigo is tall, I know this because otherwise the sword would drag the ground when it's on his back. And Ichigo IS Japanese, and I hate to bring up the stereotype, but they are in general rather small people. As for the width of the sword, you have to realize that there's no way for there to be a 100% accurate replica of Zangetsu, but this is incredibly close to at least some of the screenshots from the anime. After all, it changes during animation. It's hard to keep a sword 100% the same all throughout 100 episodes. :p

Well yea it would be hard to make the Zangetsu the right size and width, since it's not in real life, so you can only make an educated guess as to the size of it. I mean it's still a very good recreation of it, and props to whoever it was that made it. Now we just need Zangetsu's bankai form....

I realize that while the sword looks more like TP, it is colored like the OoT/WW one. Interesting...

I never noticed any huge difference in the look of each Master Sword. In either case though, having a replica like that is simply amazing! I'm beginning to wonder how much that replica costs. I would have to think paying a blacksmith to make such a craft is a bit high. If you already stated the price I'm sorry, just a tad too lazy to read right now :).

Mine cost about $150. Also, it really isn't exactly like any Master Sword. And the coloration for the Twilight Princess one is the same as OoT/WW.

The hilts for each version of the sword are slight different.

gen001632.jpg

Link to the Past

adult_master_sword.jpg

Ocarina of Time

mastersword.jpg

Wind Waker(sealed)

4.jpg

Twilight Princess

51SLn2xblyL._SS400_.jpg

My Master Sword replica

media.jpg

Shigeru Miyamoto's Master Sword & Hylian Shield replicas.

Some of you may remember when I posted a picture of a Master Sword replica I owned. Well, it broke a while back. The tang was stripped out of the pommel and the whole thing was henceforth held together with gorilla glue and a prayer. Recently, I was searching eBay as I usually do when I saw a new listing for an accurate Master Sword from Twilight Princess. Intrigued by the small thumbnail, I clicked on the listing. I was in awe. Yes, it wasn't accurate for Twilight Princess, in fact it was more like the Ocarina of Time version, but I knew it was a helluva lot better than the broken one. So, obviously, I ordered it. Immediately I noticed the differences between the old and the new: The pommel on the old one was a rounded square in profile rather than the teardrop of the real sword, and the new one replicated that perfectly; The handle of the old one was covered in leather while the new one was made of some kind of cast poly-resin(tough stuff from what I'm told) and closely matched the OoT MS handle; The guard on the old one was flat and had very sharp angles, but the new one has a spot on guard with the one from OoT; Right above the guard is the one thing that's definitely TP, not OoT, and that's the area on the sword that basically locks the blade in place; The blade on the old one was slightly unstable, way too thin, sharpened wrong, and had a fuller down the center, but the new one's blade is solid, thick, "sharpened" accurately, and no fuller. The new Master Sword feels AWESOME when swung, but it's fairly hefty because of the amount of metal in the blade. Plus, it comes with a nifty hard-wood scabbard. All in all, a purchase that was well worth the money. Now for that Hylian Shield...

Picture! This picture is of the three main swords I own. From right to left: Aragorn's Anduril from the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King; The Master Sword(DUH!); and Ichigo Kurosaki's Zangetsu from the anime Bleach.

l_437966acdb702b8337204bc1ef94c33f.jpg
omfg where did you get that Master Sword! It look so cool!

Back