• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

NEW! Super Mario Brothers for DS Lite

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Honestly, I believe that they are just trying to enhance the old-school SMB for NES. Let me start by saying, that you cannot bring back the old-school SMB game from NES - DS Lite. It just doesn't work that way. Mind you, I will get the game, but, not play it often. I'm a big fan of Mario, but, I believe that Nintendo may be going over the edge with this one...

Honestly, I believe that they are just trying to enhance the old-school SMB for NES. Let me start by saying, that you cannot bring back the old-school SMB game from NES - DS Lite. It just doesn't work that way. Mind you, I will get the game, but, not play it often. I'm a big fan of Mario, but, I believe that Nintendo may be going over the edge with this one...

I agree.. I got to play it personally and i wasnt much impressed with it. I like the originals better.

They did a good remake of the NES series on the Gamboy color, same levels and principal, jump easier controls.

They also made a game called "Super Mario All-stars" which was essentialy a graphical upgrade of the three NES Mario games, that was a fun one. My cousin let me borrow it for a bit too, except I didn't have a SNES to use it with...

Oh.. I cant believe i missed this post. I got it for DS when it came out and i really liked it. I beat it in like a week. It was great... they dont have many extras though. All you can do is get the big coins and spend on new wall paper...:mad:

hey! i got this game too and its really fun but really easy sometimes and yeah replay value there isnt much there but i got the secret last wall paper!

my brother got the wallpapers i was too lazy to get them... its kinda stupid anyway who cares about wallpaper... i like the minigames though

minigames pshh i like transforming to a mega battle mario to destroy all the evil bowser set in mushroom land

I.... beat all xtras lol. Got all star coins (pita) And bought everything and unlocked everything and I have 2 stars next to myt file and Im goin to bed now because I got school in morning and I have to wake up at 6 am...

it doesnt matter what the new game is like. if any of you were real gamers you would know that classic games cannot be re made. if you could tell, gaming is going down hill. hopefully the wii can redeem nintendo.

It's just making it fresher. Again... I like it. I think that it is also good because now younger gamers can experience wonderfullness of 2-d mario once again!

they are making it bad... all the classic games are getting sued because they are too violent. like kid icarus. it had to face a law suit because it gave false hopes to kids. but now it is comin back

Very true... Kid Icarus is a very good game, however, it did face a law suit for false hopes... And yes, it's making a comeback...

Good point; idk about you, but, I really didn't like the NEW SMB... It's a little effective in the old-school...

Good point; idk about you, but, I really didn't like the NEW SMB... It's a little effective in the old-school...
My friend is addicted to New SMB, and I think they could have just put any game with the name mario and have it be a bestseller. I agree it somewhat brings back classic games to new gamers, but, I think this is more like Super Mario Deluxe Edition (Oh Yes, I have that game), or Super Mario World 3 than Super Mario Bros. It still is a good game, but I think it could be better.

i dont think they should have messed with it at all.
Yeah, if they wanted a really good best seller, they should have just put an updated graphics version of the original SMB with some minigames, and released this as a seperate title.

Back